Bling Ferret now in USA

sirhc

22 hours ago, sirhc said:

It’s still alive, so there’s still hope it might get saved.

I suppose a bling auto car sales room (is it really a museum if the "exhibits" are for sale?) in the USA is a logical place for its latest reappearance. Always for sale, but never openly owned, appears to be its perpetual destiny.

• 2 weeks later...

As a citizen of the USA, I humbly apologize for that complete lack of taste (and tact) exhibited by my countrymen.

As a feeble defense, I will offer that since our government won't see fit to allow it's citizens to buy it's surplus armor, we who enjoy such things have become a bit of a desperate bunch. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, teletech said:

As a citizen of the USA, I humbly apologize for that complete lack of taste (and tact) exhibited by my countrymen.

As a feeble defense, I will offer that since our government won't see fit to allow it's citizens to buy it's surplus armor, we who enjoy such things have become a bit of a desperate bunch. 

In your defense was it not blinged up  in the UK originally.

With little effort this would be a nice Ferret, it all looks fairly superficial.

The one that brings this back from the brink would be a hero and OK maybe a bit crazy. 

As always it's down to the price.

7 hours ago, teletech said:

the "modifications" (sadly) originate in the UK, where this "thing" has been knocking around on the selling circuit for at least a decade. It allegedly has some street cred in terms of bling use by a boxer for personal promo, so to that extent there is an argument that it should be kept in bling as something "different" (and in recognition of its civvi history?)   

actually the fact it is now in the Good ole USA is a great result as you guys are so desperate for armour, and have so much money to throw away, there is a reasonable chance someone will buy and de-bling it back to "original"

Here's hoping

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:20 PM, john fox said:

actually the fact it is now in the Good ole USA is a great result as you guys are so desperate for armour, and have so much money to throw away, there is a reasonable chance someone will buy and de-bling it back to "original"

See, now there's an optimistic take on the situation.  Nicely done.

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, teletech said:

It was done by Tanks-A-Lot in the UK  (Or at least that is the earliest pictures I could find of it)  So you're off the hook for this one.  This time :P

The poor thing has been up and down the UK each owner usually trying to get rid of it within a couple of months of purchase.

• 2 years later...

I about spit all my coffee out when I saw this monstrosity!  Not sure how much they were or are asking for it but if its at a good price I would buy her and fix  everything that is wrong with it!  So disgusting! 

13 hours ago, WARWAG said:

I about spit all my coffee out when I saw this monstrosity!  Not sure how much they were or are asking for it but if its at a good price I would buy her and fix  everything that is wrong with it!  So disgusting! 

"call for price" 

still very visible on their sales inventory some 3 years later, so sadly (thankfully?) no one has yet put it out of its misery

1964 Daimler Ferret MK 1/2 | Orlando Auto Museum