Newbie in London

Hi all,

I am a career officer in the US Army now posted to London to serve with the British as part of a exchange program.

Served in Central America (80's), Gulf War I (heavy mech infantry, BFV's) and Afghanistan (special ops).

Have worked in and around about every US vehicle since the M-151 Mutt and the Gamma Goat.

Served 6 years in the mighty 82nd Airborne Division and had the good fortune of commanding a paratroop company.

Have collected militaria most of my life. Currently own a 1942 WC51 and a 1943 Ben Hur Trailer. (both in storage in the US)

Active in veterans organizations such as the 82nd Association, VFW etc.

Looking forward to getting out to some of the MV activities here in the UK and meeting some of you and checking out some of the great events held here.

Any questions on US Army past or present I will be more than happy to help out. If I don't have an answer I'll get it for you.

Thanks for having me!

Airborne All the Way!

Gus

:wave: Welcome Gus

Don't think that posting a pic of a Dodge will carry any weight with me or get you off clubhouse duties :-D The clubhouse kitchen :shocking: need as good going over before you get a chance with the dancing girls...................... by the way are they back from their European tour yet :dunno:

Anyway, back to the point, come in, get the kitchen cleaned up then make yourself at home,help yourself to a drink from the cabinet and sit yourself down..............enjoy

[

in a couple of weeks there will be a show at the south east showground at ardingly near the m23 towards brighton

h

..Whats the show at Ardingly?

Nick,

Autumn Country Show,.................if interested PM me, please.

the military have got what could be the best spot on site..................but I need to know numbers. :-)

welcome aboard Gus and good to have you here.

82nd airborne - some serious pedigree there and you must be very proud of that.

We do have some of our American cousins here amongst our members so there is some coke in the refridgerater and Chili Dogs in the kitchen.....

With regards to clubhouse duties - you can start by washing that Stalwart that Neil has 'park' in the Gold Fish pond!

Welcome Gus,

We'll have to build a proper Officers Mess to go with the clubhouse. It is a tradition that all newbies have to do some cleaning duties in the hallowed halls of the clubhouse. You've been trained to delegate - so over to you, mate. Just make sure they keep their boots off the furniture.

HMVF is the place for info, nonsense, ideas and good all round fun. We have some really knowledgeable people in the gang in addition to a few muppets. Hopefully you will bring a new dimension to this strange corner of Britain. A translation service is available if you need it. I often do, and I was born here.

well if off duty next weekend and want to rougth it :whistle:we can arrange transport from haywards heath train station to the show on fri pm returning sun eve

stretcher supplied own bivi bag needed under 9x9 tent on rear of rmp 109

calvados/southern comfort/buds supplied or bring own supplies

pm me if intersted

Tony,

That's what my Ben Hur was good for! No canvas and it looks like a field POW cage for little people! Just throw them some pogey bait and they are good to go!

My two little ones can field strip a house faster than a cat can lick it's whiskers!

(Pogey Bait: US Army Speak = All the chow the Pogues in the rear get, us field rats don't (PX Food))