Removing oil of my drive.....how?!

Jack

Learned friends.

I dare say some of you have the same problem as I and that is oil stains all over the drive :whistle:

Has anyone any recommendations on best practice of how to remove it?!

Many thanks

Jack.

For best results from the advice hotline, please identify type of surface, e.g.

Concrete

Gravel

Brickweave

Natural stone

Pink shag carpet :whistle:

Suggest oil might have dripped from a visiting Landrover or Range Rover?

No way could it have come from the gmc....

Learned friends.

I dare say some of you have the same problem as I and that is oil stains all over the drive :whistle:

Has anyone any recommendations on best practice of how to remove it?!

Many thanks

Jack.

Pressure washer

For prevention, try a german pointer. They just love running up and down the workshop and yard under all the trucks etc. Result?

1) No oil drips from vehicles whatsoever :-)

2) The sofas at home are covered in oil off the dog's back :schocked:

3) The dog and I are always in trouble :shake:

4) I dare not prssure wash the sofas..... :dunno:

OK then, pressure washing it is. Try flooding areas with detergent for a few days beforehand, surprising how it eventually breaks down the oil deposits

I have tried pressure washing on my brick drive and it doesn't work. Pressure washers will not remove oil and grease, just dirt. At present I use a degreasant on the oil on the surface, and then just hose it down, but it still leaves a mark. Anyone got any other suggestions?

I have tried pressure washing on my brick drive and it doesn't work. Pressure washers will not remove oil and grease, just dirt. At present I use a degreasant on the oil on the surface, and then just hose it down, but it still leaves a mark. Anyone got any other suggestions?

It works for me quite well on concrete, is it that brickwork is more porous? But if it is really stubborn, I use it in conjunction the various degreasing solutions that can be fed into it concurrently.

But the first thing with an oil spillage, is to disguise it by covering it up with earth sprinkled around to avoid a b*llocking :-(

Dry cement, usually have an old sack of it that has got damp and gone off. Apply to oil spill, grind it in with your boots, it will draw the oil out and can be swept away. Will not remove it all of course and it is much better than oil spill granules.

If you go motor racing, you will see cement is used for oil spills on the track, quick and effective. Best try and deal with them before the oil soaks in too far.