£200 per day tax for diesel Heavies inside M25!

N.O.S.

Just read August Classic & Vintage Commercials, which carries breaking news about new legislation which will come into effect next year.

If you keep a post 1972 diesel heavy military classic inside the M25 you need to know this...... :shake:

From Feb 2008 any diesel truck registered after 1.1.73 and over 12 tonnes will have to comply with Euro 3 emissions or face a charge of £200 per day, to be policed via the network of number plate recognition cameras.

From July 2008 this will apply to all diesel vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, and over 1.2 tonnes from 2010.

For some bizzare reason petrol-powered vehicles are exempt.

This applies to all 33 London Boroughs, i.e. everywhere inside the M25. It applies to both commercial and privately registered vehicles. I assume the exemption for 'British - registered Military Vehicles' refers to our armed forces only?

Further information can be found at

Transport For London also have a dedicated enquiries number -

0845 607 0009

Are we so crazy in this country that we cannot adopt some pretty simple exemptions, to avoid spoiling what few opportunities we get to enjoy ourselves? >:( >:(>:( >:(

Just read August Classic & Vintage Commercials, which carries breaking news about new legislation which will come into effect next year.

If you keep a post 1972 diesel heavy military classic inside the M25 you need to know this...... :shake:

From Feb 2008 any diesel truck registered after 1.1.73 and over 12 tonnes will have to comply with Euro 3 emissions or face a charge of £200 per day, to be policed via the network of number plate recognition cameras.

From July 2008 this will apply to all diesel vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, and over 1.2 tonnes from 2010.

For some bizzare reason petrol-powered vehicles are exempt.

This applies to all 33 London Boroughs, i.e. everywhere inside the M25. It applies to both commercial and privately registered vehicles. I assume the exemption for 'British - registered Military Vehicles' refers to our armed forces only?

Further information can be found at

Transport For London also have a dedicated enquiries number -

0845 607 0009

Are we so crazy in this country that we cannot adopt some pretty simple exemptions, to avoid spoiling what few opportunities we get to enjoy ourselves? >:( >:(>:( >:(

:schocked:.............Welcome to England !!! :dunno:

Biggest problem for Mr 'I love public transport Livingstone, is that most buses DON'T. So at about £180,000 a piece who goes to pay for new ones, or £200 per day at about 3,500 buses . Actually re-reading sneacky little >>>>>>>>> Double deckers weigh in at about 11.5 tonnes :roll:

Bus driver's definiton of TFL- T****** For Livingstone.

Do also look at my post in this thread on this subject: http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&topic=2684.0. I've been involved in this on behalf of our group since before the public consultation began. The original proposal was for all diesel vehicles over 3.5tonnes regardless of age, and regardless of whether used commercially or not. The final outcome will ironically affect so few vehicles that the whole LEZ will be almost entirely pointless. Most bus companies', hauliers' and local authorities' fleets already comply. It will almost exclusively hit people such as horse box owners and owners of private HGVs. As for the Brighton Run, the HCVS were among many of the parties who participated in the consultation process. (nb. a large number of the vehicles on the Brighton Run are post-1972 so presumably it'll become a Coulsdon to Brighton run for them!)

Ho hum...

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been on the TFL website and my landy is subject to the charge from 2008, £100 per day even though I live inside the zone.

I phoned TFL and they siad there will be no exemption and I have to have a conversion(none avaliable) or get a new engine(not worth the cost) or by a new vehcile. I expalained that my landy does about 25 mpg and that if I sold it and bought a V8 petrol this would only do about 15 mpg and be exempt from the charge!.

Bloody stupid scheme and just a fore runner to london wide congestion charging.

As I wrote earlier bringing to attention Landy owners of this forthcoming problem, passenger cars are exempt, diesel ones too, so look into the possibility of fitting rear seats to your Landy, must be less than 8 in total though, and get the category on the V5 changed with DVLA to a car

How long before the weasel faced, snivelling, robbing little basket includes petrol engined vehicles in this scheme and all our vehicles get hit by it!!! >:( >:(>:(

Makes the heart really glad to know our hobby faces getting taxed out of existence to pay for things like mosques etc. >:( >:(

You couldn't make this up!! I own a Laand Rover 101 ambulance, still rated as an ambulance so up yours Livingstone! When we did the 2005 VE/VJ celebrations on the Mall the tight fisted %6&&(* actually charged £350 congestion charge. :argh: :banghead: