Room for one more?

Hi. I'm Tony. Before you let me in, you should know a few things:

1) I've been a closet CCKW353 trucker for some 16 years now, mainly confined to ferrying returning US vets around local airbase - a great privilege

2) A while back I contraced Scammellitis. The worst symptoms so far came out at W+P 2001 (RAF Constructor). That cleared up, but as the pics show the disease is merely dormant and will probably reappear......

3) Member of UKWLFOC - a M1 series 4 waiting in the workshop for imminent 'product improvement' (next job once the Chev M6 is finished). This one may have to work a bit for it's feed and water!

4) The ONLY (lonely) member of the Osgood 200 Club - works but needs a good old "sort out" - anyone need a load for their trailer soon? (excuse the archive pic - the tarpaulins are a :argh: to get off)

5) Fettish - Clarkat 'B' (can't wait to go on a future Op. Bolero road run with this one!!!)

Before you consign me to the HMVF SAD SHACK ...........I've got to tell you I need loads of help/advice/regular medication, and am happy to pass on what little I might have learned over the years.

Another Tony? Do you think our parents realised than when given the name Anthony or Antony or Tony or nickname Tony we'd either grow up to be Prime Minister or spend our lives under large lumps of dirty metal? The fortunate ones went down the metal route. Welcome to the mad house.

Welcome Tony!

WLF owners are taking over HMVF :evil:

Will you be at W&P this year?

- Mike

ps. I've found someone who does spring brake conversions on WLFs who you should probably have a chat with if you're still thinking of doing that to yours?

:wave: Hi Tony

WOW - real big, big boys toys - what fun. :clap:

May cause a few problems with Jack tho' :-( he may be a little reluctant to let you have your turn with the dancing girls :dancinggirls: as your line up may turn their heads.

:tup: Even so welcome and have fun.

Mike - Yes, will be there Thursday and Friday.

I hear you maybe breaking someone's WLF for parts during the show - if so I might be interested in a couple of halfshafts from rear Boigie :evil:

Seriously, will be happy to bring a pair of overalls and lend a hand on Thursday if anything left to do (I'm quite good at dismantling stuff and scattering the bits aimlessly over a very large area....)

Cheers, Tony

I hear you maybe breaking someone's WLF for parts during the show - if so I might be interested in a couple of halfshafts from rear Boigie :evil:

Seriously, will be happy to bring a pair of overalls and lend a hand on Thursday if anything left to do (I'm quite good at dismantling stuff and scattering the bits aimlessly over a very large area....)

Cheers, Tony

Yeah, the vultures are circling round Mark's truck but don't tell him 'cos he thinks we're going to repair it :naughty: :evil: See you there!

Hi N.O.S... nice toys

Clarkat looks fun

Like the name

Is it cosmoline wrapped or laughing gas?

W&P is now responsible for NOS passing into everyday use for me as we laugh so much at W&P that we've come to the conclusion that the beer there is carbonated with laughing gas...

"A pint of NOS please tee hee *hic*"

Oh tall WLF leader,

Which do you want me to bring - either

A) Engineers Blue for crownwheel/pinion

OR

B) A whacking great reel of Gaffer Tape?

In the event that you can ever muster 4 or more WLFs mobile in the arena, I'd like to discuss an idea with you called Ferret Football....... :whistle:

N.O.S.

Yeah, the vultures are circling round Mark's truck but don't tell him 'cos he thinks we're going to repair it :naughty: :evil: See you there!

Oy, I am listening ya know - behave!!! :offtopic:

Nice fleet and welcome to the nutters cabin.

Markheliops

Regarding my comment about football -

In a desperate attempt to avoid expulsion from the forum on my first day, I would like to publish a formal retraction of said comment.

I realise this was a totally flippant, offensive and inflammatory remark which could be taken out of context and which might cause great anguish.

I wish to make it quite clear that I would never knowingly cause any injury to a M.V. of whatever origin. How about Tug-of-war with a...........instead?

With apologies, N.O.S.

Regarding my comment about football -

In a desperate attempt to avoid expulsion from the forum on my first day, I would like to publish a formal retraction of said comment.

I realise this was a totally flippant, offensive and inflammatory remark which could be taken out of context and which might cause great anguish.

I wish to make it quite clear that I would never knowingly cause any injury to a M.V. of whatever origin. How about Tug-of-war with a...........instead?

With apologies, N.O.S.

I still fancy playing Jeep conkers :banana:

That's it!!! - the incentive I need to finally start WLF's restoration :what: :banana: :dancinggirls:

Full exam this morning to finish list of bits needed, then find friendly Burt at Army Cars. I have his email, but do you have his tel. no.?

Suppose I could use my CJ3A to practice with - any ideas what to soak it in to make it a winner?..... :whistle:

Scammellitus? I had that once and it lasted quite a while ('53 Explorer called Doolan's Dragster bought at Leeds auction) but eventually I cured it. However there's a great worry that it'll reoccur in the shape of AEC Matadoritus, the symptoms come and go a bit...

Cheers and hello,

JC

Hello John,

Hmm, Scammellitis, judging by Hardyferret's welcome possibly contractable by merely looking at photographs.

A word of warning - it does leave one susceptible to picking up something called "Crane's Disease". I know, it happened.....had to move this around the yard today strangely enough!

Goodness knows what I was on when I got hold of it - Scammie will get done eventually, but if I ever try to couple this up, please drive over me with a ferret.

Don't fight the Matador symptoms, just let it happen. One of the more spectacularly stupid things I did was let this go - H.Frost crane in back, body cut off so decided to sort it mechanically and leave rest "as found". Even left the 1973 Smirnoff girly calendar, knife and fork and toilet roll in cab, and deck chair under canvas in rear!

Thought I was cured, but it has left me with recurring severe depression :-( :-( in fact I now need to go and lie down for a bit

Regards, Tony

Full exam this morning to finish list of bits needed, then find friendly Burt at Army Cars. I have his email, but do you have his tel. no.?

Suppose I could use my CJ3A to practice with - any ideas what to soak it in to make it a winner?..... :whistle:

The number I have for Army Cars is 00 31 78 62 05 888 if that's any help? (It worked last year)

The MUTT's been pickling in cider vinegar pending just such a challenge so the gauntlet is laid down. :-D I'd prefer to use wartime jeeps though as they're more in keeping with the trucks :whistle: I wonder how fast you could get one to swing...

Wish I hadn't dug the pictures out now! :cry:

It had an unusual reinforced front axle, centre section cast with big webs, bolted to tracta joint housings. Believe they were fitted to the armoured command cars???

I changed the steering box for one from an 8 wheeler, made one-handed steering a possibility, even from a standing start.

Hope you find a nice one!