purbeck rally

17,18,19 August, near Wareham in Dorset

Old time rally, auction,BEER TENT, autojumble, road run etc military vehicle section VERY well organised by Mrs Hardyferret, 20 vehicles already plus something special from the tank museum.

Would love to see some of the HMVF gang.....

Jack will be in attendance giving a display of cushioning :dunno:

Contact Hardyferret or Mrs Hardyferret

In the last couple of years the HFs have really turned this rally around if you have a MV to display.

MVs used to be largely ignored & sent down the bottom far end of the fields out of the way, where people take their dogs to poo. Now we at the top of the fields by the entrance. This more prestigous position has kept the MVs together & generates a good amount of interest.

A couple of years ago I was at the point of crossing it off the rally list as not worth going but the HFs have pushed the MV cause with great success. Thanks. :-D

Thank you for those kind words - I've got a warm fuzzy feeling now. :flower:

Now we really have to keep up the standard :? Well we have got arena time on Sunday with the golden tones of our very own Mr HMVF doing the commentary and a Judge to give all the entrants the once over on Saturday afternoon with the Trophy being presented on Sunday in the main arena, by the high Sheriff of Dorset I believe. :-o

So come on chaps, get in touch, we would love to see you.

Oh and I nearly forgot - we could try to repeat the now legendary 'CHIP SHOP RUN' :schocked: :-o :schocked:

Clive,

Thank you for your kind words, Sue puts in a lot of effort, as well as producing the programme for the rally.

I really only provide light entertainment.

And without people exhibiting, we have no display, so a thank you , to all who make the effort to attend

Jerry alias HF

:banana: whoops!!

Oh and I nearly forgot - we could try to repeat the now legendary 'CHIP SHOP RUN' :schocked: :-o :schocked:

Great idea - just don't tell Ashley as it was he who caused all the trouble in the first place :whistle:

Great idea - just don't tell Ashley as it was he who caused all the trouble in the first place :whistle:

Jack,

how can you tell those big porkys :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:....... this year i may have a have a go at catching my fish by fishing rod (it will at least be quicker and just as hot !!!!)

Ashley

ummmmmm....................................not sure...........................................whats it worth.. :evil:

YES - OF COURSE :-D

Will you be able to load the dancing girls :dancinggirls: into one of them and bring them along - we can have a 'bit of a show' for the the campers on Saturday night. After a drive and Fish & Chip supper a spot of cabaret and a bottle of vino would be just the job :beer: I'm sure Clive and HF would enjoy it. We may have trouble stopping Ahley from donning his Tutu and joining in :yay:

I of course will be sat quietly with a cup of Horlicks. :coffee:

• 1 month later...

OK Folks :-D

Purbeck Rally & Autojumble. Worgret Road. Wareham. Dorset.

17th, 18th & 19th August 2007

The sun will shine :clap:

The ground is in good order so comfy camping :sleep: :yawn2:

There is a drive out planned for late afternoon/early evening Saturday, to include a stop for refreshments at a suitable hostelry :beer:

Note: after last years chip run :whistle: all fish & Chip Shops in the area have decided to close for the weekend.

An arena Parade on Sunday Morning, commentry by old silver tonsils himself Jack HMVF Beckett

You will be in the company of 48 other Ex Military vehicles - not bad for such a little local show eh :-)

Guests of HMVF note include -

The master of HMVF himself

Jack The Pink One. Is my microphone on ??? Becket

Clive (where did I put my wallet and yes I would love another glass of wine) Elliott

Ashley ( NO! my towel it not pink, its pale burgundy ) Case AKA the Plains Pikey

Lawson (yes lady, :| I know its huge Yank lorry, but IT IS AIRPORTABLE, honest

Hardy You'l never get me over to the dark side Ferret

Mr & Mrs get off my tractor T20

:dancinggirls:

a special apperance of Hardy & Puzzle, the two Border Terriertorials.

and yours truley Mrs HArdy pssst do you want any Fake Barbed Wire Ferret

SO COME ON .................. it's not too late, If you would like to come and joins us for this show just dash me off a PM with your name, address and details of your vehicle and I will send you the passes you need.

It a rotten fib that I give prefference to Post War British

For the past 6 months Ive had that weekend encircled on my calendar at work with the word "Wareham" next to it. Since I wrote that on my calendar I had no idea what it meant!! We've just come back from Swanage recently, so have got the timing very wrong. Is this on the same weekend every year?

Hi Rick

how can you miss such a fantastic show, Mrs HF puts a lot of hard work into getting everyone their and making sure they are all happy, and Mr HF is normally incharge of the evening entertainment along with a few others :beer: :yay: :yay:, Purbeck rally is always the same weekend (3rd weekend in August) sorry you cant make it, but there's always next year.

this is a small rally although well attended the cost is normally about £5 per adult lots to see and do and on the sunday there is normally a car boot sale an auction on the saturday morning, it is definetly worth a visit have been going for years and mr & Mrs HF and increased the military vehicle attendance 10 fold to what there used to be their, i'm sure that others will vouch for that

Most importantly the proceeds go to local charities and deserving groups.

It costs the grand sum of £3.50 per Adult to get in to the show.

Free car park

£1.00 for a programme that has a free draw ticket on the back for you to fill in. The 1st prize is £100. 2nd prize £50. 3rd Prize £25.

Saturday Morning - Auction sale of Bygones

Events in the arena during the day, including the Somerset and Dorset Air Ambulance flying in at approx 1pm - subject to extingencies. At 3pm the High Sheriff of Dorset will present the Trophies to the winning exhibitors. Last year the Military Vehicle Cup was won by a Humber 1941 4x4 Tourer. Owned by Terry Paskins

Sunday Morning Car Boot Sale

and Arena events during the day. (including Military Vehicle Parade at 11.45 am. ( not to early for Jack) :sleep:

There are the following things on display:-

Ex Military Vehicles - including something special from Bovington Tank Museum ;-)

Tractors Commercial Vehicles Vintage Cars

Classic Cars Miniature Steam Engines

Stationary Engines Motor Cycles

There are also many Trade & Craft Stalls, a Beer tent, a sprinkling of 'ner do wells' but hopefully lots & lots of happy people.

For the past 6 months Ive had that weekend encircled on my calendar at work with the word "Wareham" next to it. Since I wrote that on my calendar I had no idea what it meant!! We've just come back from Swanage recently, so have got the timing very wrong. Is this on the same weekend every year?

Tut, Tut, Tut. Jack is this sort of behaviour allowed :?

Next years dates are - 16th, 17th & !8th August 2008

(Camping should be available on the show field from Wednesday 14th Aug)

Will be there Ma'am - looking forward to it and can we do the chip shop run please - but Ashley isn't allowed anywhere near the place - you know the hassle he started last year. :cry:

ME !

I was in the Co-op when it all kicked off :pfrt: :pfrt: though i may have contributed to the meyhem Jack started :whistle: :whistle: me thinks we should go to a chinese they are much more of a challange and will have more of a sense of humour :dunno:

well have to see how the mood takes us on the evening

Ashley

ME !

me thinks we should go to a chinese they are much more of a challange and will have more of a sense of humour :dunno:

well have to see how the mood takes us on the evening

Ashley

Told you Sue - he may have to be banned - he just can't be trusted...chip shop last year, Chinese this year - who is he going to pick on next year :dunno:

Beware the Wareham chinky Hok man lam works there, went to school with him. he'll take no prisoners

I was hoping we could invade Nellie crumb's ye olde tea shoppe....

or the five and a dime cafe next to the Rex flea pit cinema :evil: :evil:

You've no sense of humour pinkie one :whistle:

Or we could play swap the rat pack :-D

HF :beer: :dancinggirls: :banana: :banana:

BOYS..................Boys, Boys...................... :nono:

Now, You must promise me that you will all play nicely this year :angel:

Or I will make you camp in opposite corners of the field and Master HMVF - Jess, will be put in charge of you all :? and you know how he organises his men. :police:.......and no one plays up when he is in charge.

Actually - putting Jess in charge anyway seems a good idea.

Jess................ ohh Jessie....sweethart :-D ................ I've got a little job for you..........

OOOOPPPPPPPssss

The above post was by me .................. not him. Should have checked who was loggod on first :?

another case of the Hardyferrets cross posting again :shake:

:rofl:.................a likely story, ;-) ;-) :whistle:

I was hoping we could invade Nellie crumb's ye olde tea shoppe....

or the five and a dime cafe next to the Rex flea pit cinema :evil: :evil:

HF :beer: :dancinggirls: :banana: :banana:

Hi HF,

this sounds more like Jacks taste must be an `age thing`

`Lemon sponge anyone ??`or just the pink sections of the Battenburger for some ??

Anon