CVRT Beacon fittings

johnwardle

Help, does anyone have an exploded diagram of the component parts for the rotating amber beacon and pole fitted to CVRTs? NSNs for the components would be a great help, but we can also use the old FV numbers. We have a current parts list, but there are no illustrations of the parts, just descriptions.

Not much detail I'm afraid John, but there are some Land Rover numbers & NSNs in the Wolf ISPL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111868[/ATTACH]

Not a lot of help I'm afraid Clive, we have plenty of beacons & lenses, it is mainly the fittings that attach the beacon to the support pole and the wiring harness that we are having difficulty with.

By the way, will you be attending Lacock at War this year? It is on the 20th & 21st of August.

There is a pole currently on ebay, that pole plugs into the spigot which can be mounted on the vehicle, any spigot l fitting will do, alternatively there is a spigot pole that mounts into a fitting and has cabling from the pole to the spotlight. I do believe I have the fitting that holds that type of pole onto the vehicle body somewhere,

Green Machine Surplus used to have that type of pole complete with cables but it's not currently on their site.

Diana

I was wondering if Item 4 was relevant.

Lacock, oh yes please its quite a unique event with a very good public IQ.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111873[/ATTACH]

There is a pole currently on ebay, that pole plugs into the spigot which can be mounted on the vehicle, any spigot l fitting will do, alternatively there is a spigot pole that mounts into a fitting and has cabling from the pole to the spotlight. I do believe I have the fitting that holds that type of pole onto the vehicle body somewhere,

Green Machine Surplus used to have that type of pole complete with cables but it's not currently on their site.

Diana

Hi Diana, we have plenty of poles, but there seems to be a reducing bush that fits in the top of the pole that the beacon fitting goes in to. The big problem that we have is that the current parts list is not illustrated, so we have demanded 1 of each item on the list, except for the beacon as we have a lot of those, then we will try to put it all together. We would like an exploded diagram to check that we have demanded the correct components.

John.

Hi John,

Do you mean this?

http://www.greenmachinesurplus.com/cvrtelectrical-pole-connector-3303-p.asp

Diana

Hi Diana, we have plenty of poles, but there seems to be a reducing bush that fits in the top of the pole that the beacon fitting goes in to. The big problem that we have is that the current parts list is not illustrated, so we have demanded 1 of each item on the list, except for the beacon as we have a lot of those, then we will try to put it all together. We would like an exploded diagram to check that we have demanded the correct components.

John.

Hi Diana, that one is the older on that we can no longer get, the ones that have superseded these have a threaded stalk with 2 rubber washers, 2 steel washers & 2 nuts and don't fit the Bakelite sleeve (looks like wood in the photo). These parts aren't for me but for work, I work for the LTF, part of DSG and we can't believe that the army binned all hard copies of the manuals when they computerised them, we have NSNs for the parts, but no illustrations of them which is why we would like an exploded diagram.

Spent some time looking through all the AESPs for CVRT - CESs, Catalogues, Technical Descriptions etc at work today both on line and the old hard copy versions that escaped the bin and all I could find are parts lists with no illustrations.Frustrating.

Spent some time looking through all the AESPs for CVRT - CESs, Catalogues, Technical Descriptions etc at work today both on line and the old hard copy versions that escaped the bin and all I could find are parts lists with no illustrations.Frustrating.

Very frustrating, we have 1 complete old style beacon fitting, and 2 new fittings without the bush to fit in to the top of the pole, someone has bodged 1 of the new ones to fit by putting extra nuts on the threaded section, it nearly works, but it isn't right. Hopefully when the parts that we have demanded arrive we can sort it out by trial and error.

John,

I have mentioned this elsewhere before, but there are some agricultural parts that do the same job.

While Sirhc (Chris) may have some talk to your local tractor dealer or jobber for parts.

I have shown a link here

http://www.beaconsandlightbars.co.uk/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Regards

Robin

Edited by robin craig

12 to 15 years ago all john deer agricultural machinery came in to Hull docks every mechanically propelled one had a fitting kit and beacon marked Hella supplied with it sat in boxes in cab the pole was tie wrapped to link arms on tractors

Edited by cosrec