How not to load a tank

monty2

I'm no expert but that trailer doesn't look like it was designed to hold the 2S3 Akatsiya which is over 10 feet wide. They must have been desperate to try and load it with 1/2 a track hanging off each side of the trailer. That's less than 9 inch room for error per side before you tumble off.

The trailer is more likely for 2S9 artillery based on the BMD-1 chassis

So, we could define a tank as a vehicle that is designed to go anywhere with ease, except onto a trailer. Does this make a trailer the best defence there is against a tank?

trevor

anti tank trailer weaponised :D

OK this was a bit extreme but the No1 did the right thing (at first) by chucking it back off when it did not go on straight first time (rather than attempting to manoeuvre on the trailer bed). I think the load had a fault but even so it was a bit scary.

Interestingly given, as some have said, the abilities of your average tank the only way you could get a Chieftain up onto a 50t trailer was flat out in lowest gear and that meant that sometimes they would come on with a bit of a bang. Plus they overhung each side. God help you if you were anywhere near the back end of the tank as the exhaust noise was excruciatingly painful as it revved to the max.

Step 1: drink few shots ov vodka vid de comrads.

Step 2: go for draiv in tank

Step 3: see trailer, think of vooman next door name Nadya.

Step 4: mount trailer like mount Nadya, poke first, think last.

Step 5: fall off trailer, hit head, must have more vodka for headache.

I got to drive a 2s3 after the gulf war and was quite impressed, loads of power and good maneuverability they also thoughtfully put the operating instructions in English. however it doesn't seem to have done any good for that fella :)

Step 1: drink few shots ov vodka vid de comrads.

Step 2: go for draiv in tank

Step 3: see trailer, think of vooman next door name Nadya.

Step 4: mount trailer like mount Nadya, poke first, think last.

Step 5: fall off trailer, hit head, must have more vodka for headache.

I'm picking a distinct anti-Russian flare to this forum :-D

I got to drive a 2s3 after the gulf war and was quite impressed, loads of power and good maneuverability they also thoughtfully put the operating instructions in English. however it doesn't seem to have done any good for that fella :)
English instructions is rather odd isnt it? I can see Chinese or Arabic but English? What western country did they think would buy those?

any chance that driver walked away from that roll-over? Seems like the insides of AFV's are dangerous under the best of circumstances.

Basicly, any Soviet vehicle meant for non-eastbloc export had English on pretty much everything. Including the radios etc..

So all arabic nations got English writing on Soviet vehicles..