Interesting vehicles in Qatar National Parade

AndyFowler

Andy,

Boat proper floated:wow:.....they just need a Pig to make the full set eh?:cool2:

I take it all the British built vintage 'proper' AFVs are from some sort of historic vehicle section/collection/museum ??

Surely not still in service ?..... either way they clearly have (or have had) taste:D:D:D

Howard.

what about the Daimler Armoured cars..... it would be impressive if they stil where in service.

Niels,

I think you will find the Ferrets, Saracens, Saladins, Daimler Armd Cars, plus a few others are from a historical or ceremonial collection, give the up-to-date modern equipment that follows them. This can be born out by one of the Saracens which has reverse flow cooling "beehives", but no front shroud. Experience tells me that his vehicle will not travel far, especially in the Qatar climate, without overheating, even if conventional fans are fitted, the hot air cannot evacuate easily and can cause vapour locks.

Nice to see my (first) Saladin again.

I hope they give them a run every year.

They must have some knowlegeable mechanics to keep these old girls going. They don't like being inactive for long periods.

20072008001.jpg

20072008008.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures taken at W&P a few months before it was purchased by the tank museum, re-painted in sand and flown to Qatar. It was first displayed on the national parade on Dec 19th 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know if they have been out since.

Jon

wauuw amazing 4 Daimler Armoured Cars, how many more in stock and what else over there. One day they will be with collectors and one thing is sure no rust problems. Always wanted one next to the Dingo.

Should be recent film looking at the last porsche they have

Peter

http://www.milmarket.org

Edited by monty2

• 1 year later...