NEW BOOK "Tankograd Publishing" book "British Military Trucks of World War 2"

I am not sure if this has been posted yet. But I just bought a copy of the new "Tankograd Publishing" book "British Military Trucks of World War 2", written by forum member Les Freathy.

It's a real must-have for anyone interested in Commonwealth vehicles with hundreds of pictures, many previously unpublished.

Alex

p.s. I have no connections to the writer, publisher or seller

http://www.tankograd.com/cms/website.php?id=/en/British-Military-Trucks-of-World-War-2.htm

British%20Trucks%2001.jpg

British%20Trucks%2002.jpg

British%20Trucks%2003.jpg

British%20Trucks%2004.jpg

British%20Trucks%2005.jpg

Edited by Alex van de Wetering
Fixed the link hopefully....

Has anybody checked the index for content?

If you follow the link to the publisher's website, you will see the following text:

British Military Trucks of World War 2Unfortunately the subject of British trucks in World War Two is one that has been much neglected. The best publications to date are almost 40 years old, and even then they highlighted only certain aspects of this fascinating topic.

This book changes all that!

For the very first time, an overview of manufacturers' designs, major truck types and their variants is now at hand. Based on factory and World War Two in-service photographs, this volume provides an in-depth and comprehensive examination of a subject that has hitherto been weakly documented.

Finally a major gap remaining in the history of 20th-century military vehicles can be closed.

- AEC

- Albion

- Austin

- Bedford

- Commer

- Crossley

- Dennis

- Dodge UK

- ERF

- Foden

- Ford

- FWD

- Garner

- Guy

- Hillman

- Humber

- Karrier

- Leyland

- Maudsley

- Morris

- Scammell

- Standard

- Thornycroft

- Lend-Lease Trucks

- Canadian Contributions

- Trailers

On 256 pages this book is illustrated with 680 black and white photographs.

Looks like a book I will end up buying because I doubt nobody will prezzy it for me.

BUT

Price: 39.00 Euro (incl. 7% German VAT, plus postage)

The thieving Germans & their "common-market" - inc. 7% VAT it seems when you purchase direct from publishers , I think I will wait to see if it arrives on UK shores at the zero VAT rate ..

I suppose it is at least priced E and not £ .

BUT

Price: 39.00 Euro (incl. 7% German VAT, plus postage)

The thieving Germans & their "common-market" - inc. 7% VAT it seems when you purchase direct from publishers , I think I will wait to see if it arrives on UK shores at the zero VAT rate ..

I suppose it is at least priced E and not £ .

Surely it is worth looking for offerings from various retailers. Next to the publishers, I found the following both at EUR 39,-:

Thieving Germans? ;)

Edited by mcspool

Stunning book

Just absolutely everything you ever wanted to know about British soft skins, photos are fantastic

Dont worry about the price, there will only be a limited amount published so if you dont enjoy it put it in the dark and wait a couple of years and put it on ebay

Dont believe me????

Try to buy a copy of the Warehouse publication about the Antar or even the book on the FV1600 series

It's my birthday at the end of the month Hanno, so I have made my interest known to my off spring ;) here's hoping they take the hint and use the link to Jeepworld i provided...:D.

Having corresponded with Les on MLU about 3 ton 6x4's I have no doubt that it will be a excellent reference work I trust you have ordered your copy Mcspool?

Pete

Stunning book

Just absolutely everything you ever wanted to know about British soft skins, photos are fantastic

Dont worry about the price, there will only be a limited amount published so if you dont enjoy it put it in the dark and wait a couple of years and put it on ebay

Dont believe me????

Try to buy a copy of the Warehouse publication about the Antar or even the book on the FV1600 series

Indeed, don't muck about and buy it sight unseen. These types of books are only published once, and once the printing run is sold out you will have to wait decades for it to be printed again, if ever. Also, we should support Mr Freathy's efforts so he can go write more of these books

:goodidea:

Edited by mcspool

It's my birthday at the end of the month Hanno, so I have made my interest known to my off spring ;) here's hoping they take the hint and use the link to Jeepworld i provided...:D.

Having corresponded with Les on MLU about 3 ton 6x4's I have no doubt that it will be a excellent reference work I trust you have ordered your copy Mcspool?

Why not order it yourself and hand the package over to your offspring & say "I've made it easy for you this year, here's my wish list - just give me 39 quid+S&H" ;)

Indeed, I have ordered my copy through Amazon.de today and was notified the book was already shipped. No doubt superior German logistics (no, it's no longer horse-drawn) will have it on my doorstep in no time.

Indeed, I have ordered my copy through Amazon.de today and was notified the book was already shipped. No doubt superior German logistics (no, it's no longer horse-drawn) will have it on my doorstep in no time.

Hanno, Only 3 Euros postage from Amazon? I would have brought it to your doorstep for 2,50:D

Yes, Pete.....you definately need this book....some nice Retriever pics inside....and also Dodge WK60..

I bought my copy from "army-book.de", Poppybooks in the Netherlands also had it on stock last weekend.

Alex