Wind!

rosie

It's blinking blowing a hoolie down here on the south coast. Local weather beacon (Chimet) registered a force 11 at just gone 9 tonight!!!!!!

Windows are rattling, fence panels banging rain pouring. Weather forecast is not much better for the week!

Stay safe everyone xx

Love from Rosie x

:confused:" strange Im on the south coast and we have no wind and its been nice and sunny today and yesterday :confused:

Oh yea, its not the same south coast :cool2:

sorry couldnt resist when I read your location Rosie, ie sunny ;)

It's blinking blowing a hoolie down here on the south coast. Local weather beacon (Chimet) registered a force 11 at just gone 9 tonight!!!!!!Windows are rattling, fence panels banging rain pouring. Weather forecast is not much better for the week! Stay safe everyone xxLove from Rosie x
Hi RosieBeen v windy up in the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire as well. Glad I stripped the back of the truck down ! I have some doubt the old canvas on the cargo body would have stayed in one piece. Neighbours fence was swaying madly, but amazingly is still standing !

:confused:" strange Im on the south coast and we have no wind and its been nice and sunny today and yesterday :confused:

Oh yea, its not the same south coast :cool2:

sorry couldnt resist when I read your location Rosie, ie sunny ;)

Nutter!!!!:-D :-D

We have lost 2 fence panels from the side, they have blown on top of my only bit of garden (we live in flats and so only have a small bit of garden!) hopefully the plants will survive. I was also concerned about the cubes truck canvas as it would have bourne the full brunt of the wind last night but it all is one piece today, although I haven't actually looked inside yet!!!!!!!!!!

There is another storm due in on Thursday/Friday. The tides down here are on the high side at the mo too (although not as high as they can be)

hold on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride folks. Stay safe

We've had a fair blow in our bit last night and today. The local roads through Paul's Wood were covered in debris, and a couple of big tress down in the local estate. Jersey got badly hammered as well. Gale warnings still on Met office for South East, and chance of snow over weekend. (WhoPPEEE!) If I don't get a chance to try my new snow chains I will be a very unhappy teddy.

Be honest Tony, what you're really after is a couple of days off work:D

Actually I've got the next 5 days off! Long weekeend rostered and a couple of lieu days I was owed. Last year we were off the road for only 1 day, mind you it made for some exciting driving, I needed a change of underpants on a couple of ocassions. :-D

One of the guys, being sensible stopped at the top of Jewel Box Hill , which is on the outskirts of Biggin Hill. It's a narrow one in four, down into the valley then up another one in four. He got out to have a closer look and as he perred down, the bus started to overtake him! Just as well he was able to get back on and stop it, otherwise he could have hit the bus already stranded at the bottom. :-D

still pouring down here and actually seems to have warmed up a bit, not sure that is a good sign though. Doubt any snow would hang around now. Mind you havent actually looked outside, they could be massive snowflakes landing and not large blobs of rain! :nut: