Spotted today

Paul Drake

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The Hunters were at Waddington this weekend, only 4 flying on Sunday. I saw 6 out practicing last Wednesday. The Lynx with the artwork was at Waddington too, along with a standard coloured one.

The Hunters were at Waddington this weekend, only 4 flying on Sunday. I saw 6 out practicing last Wednesday. The Lynx with the artwork was at Waddington too, along with a standard coloured one.

It's nice to see these odd things occasionally, unless of course you're a proper full time spotter. Our daily bread at Yeovilton is of course Sea Kings, Lynx and Hawks.

Red Arrows will be at Koksijd (Spelling?) Thunderbirds going too, so you might see them flying over.

Here's a few from Waddington.

I was sitting in my chair, in a hedge bottom near the end of the runway. Better views of most of the fliers than those who paid to attend!

Hunter - small.jpg

Lanc-small.jpg

Vulcan-small.jpg

It wasn't my birthday today but it could have been! BBMF Lancaster and Spitfire MK365 flypast at Sedgemoor Vintage Rally (while on their way to Yeovilton Air Day) but didn't have the camera. And back home had the Vulcan come round by the flat, 100 feet or less!

vulcan.jpg

vulcan 2.jpg

vulcan 4.jpg

vulcan and vixen.jpg

vulcan 3_edited-1.jpg

:wow: nice piccy of the Vulcan and Sea Vixen

Thanks for posting

Mark

Happy to share it with others. I was lucky to get it. I had been waiting for it to come in since Tuesday and was following progress on Facebook. It didn't actually come in until Friday due to a mechanical problem at Waddington. When I got home today from Sedgemoor Vintage Rally, I found on Facebook from other users that her display was due about six minutes later, grabbed the camera and went outside and bingo. So thanked all those on Facebook for all the up to date info.

• 3 weeks later...