Spotted today

Paul Drake

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lancaster and Spitfire had a good run out yesterday, Both flew over Sittingbourne early afternoon heading towards Dover, that's a fair way up from Somerset. Guess they don't have to take tacho breaks :-D

Before they got to Henstridge, they'd been to Plymouth and were on their way to Bournemouth and Detling.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I work half a mile from RAF Headley court, helicopter activity is not unusual but todays deafening visitors were a sight to behold, it started with a regal flyover from a Sikorsky MH-53.

Followed by a fully loaded Apache which landed then a few minutes later lifted off and bugged out towards the south..... I was in and out of the field centre like a greased whippet every time I heard an engine!:D

Edited by rog8811
sp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
While at Withams this morning loading up, three of their Gazelle helicopters were being loaded onto trucks, someone must have deep pockets!

It was 5 by the time you left, they were heading to an Airfield a few miles from me in Essex. The drivers said that the firm had bought 30 of them, they were making 17 good helicopters out of the lot & they have been sold to South Africa. Will post photos when I get them off my phone.

This is the firm that bought them http://www.mwhelicopters.co.uk/ I spotted 2 on a lorry heading there about a month ago.

It was 5 by the time you left, they were heading to an Airfield a few miles from me in Essex. The drivers said that the firm had bought 30 of them, they were making 17 good helicopters out of the lot & they have been sold to South Africa. Will post photos when I get them off my phone.

This is the firm that bought them http://www.mwhelicopters.co.uk/ I spotted 2 on a lorry heading there about a month ago.

Here they are...

291d66b9.jpg

69fea1fd.jpg

4ca98d34.jpg

94efa95a.jpg

db012757.jpg

93a805a9.jpg

deec334c.jpg

85cccc8f.jpg

f249490f.jpg

& a few more random pics from Withams

8aa7b9cd.jpg