Boys and there toys (in the snow )

Adrian Scott

I took the oppertunity to take the Halftrack out this afternoon for a quick drive in the snow with one of my good friends Graham ( TRUSTMEIMAMACHANIC ) to a mates house for a cuppa about 2 1/2 miles away ,brought back memories of the Arrdennes offensive of 44 , god that was cold without a roof on ,

Adrian

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

Hi Gavin ,

Have had my tractor out for 2 days now snow ploughing around Crawley west sussex , my driver got the call at twenty past five this morning (he was on stand by ) and as of twenty past seven tonight hes not back yet , long may it keep snowing ££££££££££££

Hi Gavin ,

Have had my tractor out for 2 days now snow ploughing around Crawley west sussex , my driver got the call at twenty past five this morning (he was on stand by ) and as of twenty past seven tonight hes not back yet , long may it keep snowing ££££££££££££

Hi Adrian i quite agree havent had to start the truck for three days now [bliss]

pics of my new purchase are on the pre ww11 page karrier wo6

Great pictures, there's always something about m.v's In the snow, they just look great. Your half track looks like it could be back there in 44. :D

When we say its cold, we have to think of the guy's who fought in the ardennes day in day out, in freezing condition, i have much respect for them and what they did.

Keep the pictures coming all of you, get a scalf on and go for a drive! My stolly is in workshop and i dont know if i will finish the work in time to get out and play in the snow.(unless i take one in the yard)

Shaun

Hi Jack ,

Like a racing car , only kidding , did a emergency stop down hill on the farm drive and both tracks and the front axle locked up and it went like a sledge ,but that was only me playing , it drove very well , felt safe and handled well , stopped and spoke to my neighbouring farmer and his wife , and he said he could feel the heat comming out from the engine onto the side of the road , i said what do you expect,it burns fuel at the rate of 3 mpg !!!!! , made then laugh .

Hi Tony ,

Right machine for the conditions ,guess it handles well in the snow , out of intrest just wondered who surplied your stencils for your weasel , they looked prety good !!!!!!!!!!! , will need to talk to you in a couple of months as i going to get my Ward resprayed ,and will need a set for that .

All the best

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I took my M3A1 Stuart out in the snow back in 2008. That was the last time we had enough snow over here, (Portland, Oregon US of A), to go out and play in!!!

Here are a couple inks to videos.

Enjoy,

Steve :-)

http://www.youtube.com/Steve1958OR#p/a/u/2/sG3byN4wqTk

http://www.youtube.com/Steve1958OR#p/a/u/1/HWAF1oM0nY8

http://www.youtube.com/Steve1958OR#p/u/44/fAfsG3W_Fks

Stuart Snow-3.jpg

Stuart-snow-2.jpg

Stuart-snow-1.jpg

Stuart-snow-30.jpg

As it snowed here again and our lane had a good covering of the white stuff , i thought it was time to get the Sexton SPG out of the workshop and have a play ,after checking the engine oil and topping up the petrol this morning , she fired up first time ,a couple of good friends said they were up for the challenge this afternoon to help with the drive , we had a 4x4 infront with flashing light bar on it and Graham (trustmeimamachanic) as commander and me as driver for the first half and then John took over for the second half , both John and myself took and passed our H licence back in March at Tanksalot .We did about 5 miles around the lanes that surround my farm and as luck had it we didnt see any cars !!pencil.png

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01386.jpg