HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hardyferret

So the 101 l/ rover is sold......

And a lightweight is replacing it, I really couldn't go over to the dark side (Yank)

One has to have some standards in life..

Question is what colour to do this one ??

Any ideas you lot please remember the juniors!!!!

HardyFerret head of light entertainments for SLAGS

And a lightweight is replacing it, I really couldn't go over to the dark side (Yank)

One has to have some standards in life..

Question is what colour to do this one ??

Mr Hardyferret,

You could always go over the top and paint your Lightweight like the one in this photo.

It was one of five, that I built for the Honourable Artillery Company in 1988, for Royal Salute duties at the Tower of London. Gloss Deep Bronze Green, black chassis, white upholstery, chrome bumpers, etc.

Richard

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr Hardyferret,

You could always go over the top and paint your Lightweight like the one in this photo.

It was one of five, that I built for the Honourable Artillery Company in 1988, for Royal Salute duties at the Tower of London. Gloss Deep Bronze Green, black chassis, white upholstery, chrome bumpers, etc.

Richard

There you are ! a good reason to polish/buff it until is shines like your 101 8-) 8-) :schocked:

Ashley

• 1 month later...

Now it's getting serious guys,

Have just ordered a NEW galvanised chassis so yup another rebuild got to better than the last...

Will try with Jacks help??? to post pics as I progress hopefully to spur on others!!

HAS ANYONE GOT SOME 2A lightweight front wings pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

Regards Hardyferret

Hi Ferret, If you are looking for the early type wings (headlights in grille) it could be a hens teeth job, I know of a couple that have been scrapped and will make some enquiries to see if the wings are any good and whether available. It may be worth your while to put a wanted ad in one of the LR mags (not LR owner) try LR Monthly or LR Enthusiast, I think these are free.

We are looking at recreating a winkie forerunner to a dinkie and much smaller than a pinkie armed with an 7.62mm LMG on custom bulkhead pintle communications used the A41 mounted to bulkhead depending on theatre of ops various permutations of kit where investigated.

Any info reminisces of winkies appreciated

Kind regards Hardyferret