Got me a green goddess at last...

paulob1

I thought they were reputedly quite easy on petrol when not full of water. Low teens mpg, not much worse than a Land Rover.

Thought all the last ones were released a few years back, the Northern Ireland yellow ones being some of the last, so a bit of a surprise to see a tidy low mileage example being found.

one parked side of M6 near charnock richard services( anyone on here?).....

Not on here but a regular attender at local steam shows, quite a keen collecter with tractors and an AEC Militant (short gun tractor version) convereted into a timber tractor

Usually all attend the Heskin Steam Rally (Charnock Richard) First weekend in June

They do squirt water. Years ago a friend's farther had one on his farm as an irrigation pump.

We kids decided to be helpful, and wash the yard (Well it seemed a good excuse at the time)

Unfortunatley eleven and twelve year old. Your not not strong enough to hold the hose!

had a 4x2 goddess,(NYV 12) fantastic machine, lovely light steering, never driven a 4x4 one though.

Was offered years ago a ex City of Stoke on Trent Dennis F12, wanted it, dad said no! :cry: (apparently that one is now maskerading as a ex Oxford machine!!! [sVT 414])

Enjoy it

Mark

Richard were they automatic, i bought an auto gearbox from a b80 for fitting to my stalwart but it isnt going to fit the transfer box so for now it will have to wait until i find another application...

anyway if it was in the F12 perhaps i can find a bit of information about the gearbox by researching the f12.

Richard were they automatic, i bought an auto gearbox from a b80 for fitting to my stalwart but it isnt going to fit the transfer box so for now it will have to wait until i find another application...

anyway if it was in the F12 perhaps i can find a bit of information about the gearbox by researching the f12.

Paul,

Not an auto box in that F12, it was a manual crash gearbox. I have had experience of a Thornycroft Nubian Mk.7 fire truck with B81 and Allison auto box.

Would imagine Dennis fire engines from 1960's onward would have had auto boxes as an option.

Congratulations! I have two, PGW 347 used in the two fire strikes and well looked after by the Royal Navy and christened Jenny; and NYV 853 one of the Northern Ireland yellow versions.

Both have been a joy to look after and no trouble. Amazing how many people at shows came across them in service life.

There is a very helpful Yahoo group -RSOLES - for owners with people who will drop everything to get you out of a fix if something goes wrong.

Btw, what was with the funny bidding at Withams? I have never quite followed their auction or tender methodology ...

Graham

they are all being converted and used as stag/hen night, party transport and things, i would love a nice dennis or similar, say 80's or 90's era..

A friend of mine wants to sell an ex Hampshire FB A reg Dennis, needs some work though. Also has a VERY smart Goddess to sell. May list in classifieds for him?

for me only working in good condition, I have enough projects...

Yes the nubian that is it....with the B81...now I can go searching thanks Richard...would love to put one of my B81's into something with an auto...bet the fuel consumption will be hilarious...