Got me a green goddess at last...

paulob1

Mark,

The F12 is a real classic. I was involved in the restoration of an ex-Royal Navy F12 about 15 years ago, and got to take it out on occasions. A real flyer with the Rolls B80 engine. :-)

???? I was sure the F12 had a B60 lump, as I have a pair of Twin-Choke Webbers for one on a manifold, which has 3 inlets, (siamesed for the 6 pistons of a B60) not sure a B80 would fit... but it certainly would fly if they could be made to fit!... I was looking at trying to fit them to my saracen, or a ferret... purely as an engineering exercise....:-D

???? I was sure the F12 had a B60 lump, as I have a pair of Twin-Choke Webbers for one on a manifold, which has 3 inlets, (siamesed for the 6 pistons of a B60) not sure a B80 would fit... but it certainly would fly if they could be made to fit!...

No, definitely a F12 and B80, with a Solex carb as the Saracen, but with an automatic choke. I did some work on another Dennis, a much later build, about 1961 and that had a B61 with twin SU carbs.

We used to rebuild all manner of engine at the Workshops, and one batch were Bedford 300 petrol engines ( as in the RL) but with twin carbs. Not sure whether they were Strombergs or Webers.