Trucks and Troops 2010

Not long been back home after three days at Trucks and Troops.

The drive down took 3 1/2hrs due to traffic. The weather was pants on Saturday. Sunday was the best day and today wasn't bad, but chilly.

I was well chuffed as the Bedford won Best Post War Heavy Vehicle and Best in Show Post War Vehicle.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Not long been back home after three days at Trucks and Troops.

The drive down took 3 1/2hrs due to traffic. The weather was pants on Saturday. Sunday was the best day and today wasn't bad, but chilly.

I was well chuffed as the Bedford won Best Post War Heavy Vehicle and Best in Show Post War Vehicle.

Here are some pictures.

Well done with the awards, makes it all feel worthwhile. I know the feeling :-)

Well done with the awards, makes it all feel worthwhile. I know the feeling :-)

Thank You very much Richard. In the 20 years I have been showing my vehicles this is the first time I've come away with anything, so it's nice to finally get something.:-D

Well done on the prizes!

Nice pictures, obviously Lord Montagu on the mobility scooter but who is the chap in the RTR tie? I recognise him but (to my shame, I suspect) I can't think why.....

Thank You Adrian.

The guy in the RTR tie is the 2nd Viscount of Alamein, David Bernard Montgomery, son of THE Field Marshal Montgomery.

Congratulations Loggydriver! The Dodge that won Best medium vehicle is the one R-cubed help rebuild last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like everyone had a great weekend, how nice :-)

Thank you Rosie,

There were some fantastic vehicles there and the Navy Jeep was just outstanding. Unfortunately I totally forgot to take some pictures yesterday as I was trying to convince a guy to sell me his M109 Reo so only got a few today.

I'm just about to read about your weekend in the other thread. Hope you had a great time?

Cheers

Andy

Thank you Rosie,

There were some fantastic vehicles there and the Navy Jeep was just outstanding. Unfortunately I totally forgot to take some pictures yesterday as I was trying to convince a guy to sell me his M109 Reo so only got a few today.

I'm just about to read about your weekend in the other thread. Hope you had a great time?

Cheers

Andy

We had a brilliant time thanks, I worked the paying gate all weekend so am shattered now, waiting for the cubed to get out the bath so I can get in!!!!!!!!!!!!

, waiting for the cubed to get out the bath so I can get in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosie, too much information......please consider my state of health:sweat::D

Seriously though, glad you enjoyed it and had a good show, I was racking my brains about the Viscount as well, should have realised his ID ....(senile dementia must be getting worse):nut:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

I'm a bit annoyed I didn't take more pictures, but you know how it is, you start chatting and then half the afternoon has gone.:blush:

abn deuce, yes there was a lot of work that went on as you could still smell fresh paint. The quality of the vehicles was very good.

It made me laugh when I went into the arena to collect my awards as the commentator said, "and here is the Bedford MJ just entering the arena, probably a lot cleaner than it looked in service"

The truth is I haven't had chance to touch it yet as I've been doing the 110. The condition it's in is exactly as it was in service, so I do feel a little guilty winning the awards considering some of the work others have put in. But after 20 years it's nice to come away with something!:-)

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations Loggydriver! The Dodge that won Best medium vehicle is the one R-cubed help rebuild last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like everyone had a great weekend, how nice :-)

:yawn:...... and that Dodge's driver helped rebuild and paint some of Richards lorry, too!:-\

Congrats on the award sir!!! I know how much of a buzz I got when I picked up the runner up for Amphibians at the 2007 W&P show - you must have been over the moon for best in class!! :D

One of these days I will manage to get down to Trucks and Troop...

Thank you very much Neil.

Yes I was well chuffed. I've been doing it 20 years and this is the first time I've won anything. I haven't touched the truck, so I was surprised it won anything, although maybe it was recognised for what it is, an IN SERVICE condition truck and not a show room condition vehicle?

The runner up at W&P must have been very special as there are so many similar vehicles that to win anything must be pretty cool?:D

Thank you very much Neil.

Yes I was well chuffed. I've been doing it 20 years and this is the first time I've won anything. I haven't touched the truck, so I was surprised it won anything, although maybe it was recognised for what it is, an IN SERVICE condition truck and not a show room condition vehicle?

The runner up at W&P must have been very special as there are so many similar vehicles that to win anything must be pretty cool?:D

Not too many in the Amphibious class - and the two chaps who told me I had won also said I'd got it for the Stolly because they could not give both awards to DUKWS's!! Who cares though, I got an award for making the old girl look good so I was happy!! :D:D