Ferret manifolds back on

pigdog

Got the manifolds and exhaust back on and the coolant hoses replaced. Just in time for the British car show this weekend. Thanks to all who helped out walking me through the process. The pics are after/before

-Chris

Ferret 00 EC 55

120-2038_IMG..jpg

119-1912_IMG..jpg

Hello Chris, and Andy

Yes, I have used 2 nuts in the elbow mounts too (as shown)

Looks good Chris. Mine is running ok, although I havent really tested it yet, hoping to go out on a longer run this week.

As John said earlier, I've now moved the blowing from the minifold to the tubes - at least its "as designed" :-)

Matt

DSC00986..jpg

DSC00984..jpg

DSC00987..jpg

Hello Chris, and Andy

Yes, I have used 2 nuts in the elbow mounts too (as shown)

Looks good Chris. Mine is running ok, although I havent really tested it yet, hoping to go out on a longer run this week.

As John said earlier, I've now moved the blowing from the minifold to the tubes - at least its "as designed" :-)

Matt

Looks better than mine ..... My castings are badly pitted .

Its got to be a great improvement.

Jim

[quote=Toolman;196247

I've now moved the blowing from the minifold to the tubes - at least its "as designed" :-)

Matt

Hi Matt

I've got an experiment on at the moment as mine was blowing and backfiring due to loose tubes in the exhaust system. I packed the joint with a soft thermal rope seal from the local woodburning centre and welded (well tacked on for easy removal later) a collar onto the tube to hold it in place. As the exhaust system expands it compresses the rope improving the seal. So far so good, she doesn't backfire anymore when going down hill:)

Cheers

Paul

PS nice looking job by the way

By the way, the black paint on that upper pipe burnt off after 5 miles :-) It's now looking white!

I blasted and painted my manifolds, tubes, elbow etc with this stuff:

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9498&frostProductName=Manifold Grey (473ml)

It's been on since 2002 and still shows no sign of burning off.. but you will need to blast the parts first.

Chris

Enough of that Oily, I'm still convincing myself that saracens are easy to deal with, mine arrives next week

Sorry, mate! ...they are easy to deal with, just a bit more long-winded....~ I wouldn't part with mine for love, nor money!!:-\:-D:-D:cool2:

Oily,

Have you got the gearbox out yet ?

Hi Richard,

Not yet, (gearbox), due to vehicle being outside, and no workshop to use, when weather bad, (-which being winter, and the U.K. is pretty much most of the time!), also I've just undergone Carpal Tunnel surgery, so progress a bit slow,...... I'm actually hoping the problem is gonna be down to fluid having leaked out of the fluid flywheel, to a point where efficiency has dropped below the optimum for forward motion, when what oil is remaining has heated up sufficiently........ I realise it may involve a replacement of seal or seals, but that HAS to be easier than changing the box...... (fingers crossed!!!:-\)

Hi Richard,

Not yet, (gearbox), due to vehicle being outside, and no workshop to use, when weather bad, (-which being winter, and the U.K. is pretty much most of the time!), also I've just undergone Carpal Tunnel surgery, so progress a bit slow,...... I'm actually hoping the problem is gonna be down to fluid having leaked out of the fluid flywheel, to a point where efficiency has dropped below the optimum for forward motion, when what oil is remaining has heated up sufficiently........ I realise it may involve a replacement of seal or seals, but that HAS to be easier than changing the box...... (fingers crossed!!!:-\)

You need to remove the engine and/or gearbox to change the flywheel seals anyway.

By the way, the black paint on that upper pipe burnt off after 5 miles :-) It's now looking white!

I used a flameproof ceramic paint on the pipes and an engine paint on the fishtail. The paint on the fishtail is burning off after 1 drive. I could have used some NOS elbows. Mine look like they had broken corners welded back on.

Postage would have killed on those.

-C

Yes, mine had a broken corner on each. I've had given them to a friend of a friend to weld them up and still waiting to get them back. After waiting 3 weeks I decided to buy new. I'm glad I did now, it's been about 6 weeks since I gave them to the other chap :-(