Hi all...

51HD

Hi all,

Been registered here for quite a while now but have never gotten round to actually introducing myself, Better do it now though...

My name is Al Smith and I live in the Angus area of Scotland and I have been interested in military vehicles for as long as I can remember (wonder what triggers that off then?) But its only in the last 6 years that this interest has progressed into actually owning real ones. They say its a condition that will likely worsen as time goes on though.

I am a member of the Scottish Military Vehicle Group (Secretary) and also a member of the MVT (Scottish Area Secretary)

I am lucky to live in an area where I have many friends with similar interests and we all do our bit to try and satisfy the ever increasing demand for the presence of vintage military vehicles at events all across Scotland. There is a great deal of cameraderie and good times to be had "up here" whether you are MVT, SMVG or neither, we all in it together for the same game and its good to play just a wee part in it all.

Now, if any of you are ever visiting north o' the border, check out the Scottish Military Vehicle Groups events diary on the website before you go, you'll be assured of very warm welcome at any of the events we host or attend.

Aye yours,

Al Smith.

Edited by 51HD
Typo