W+P my letter to them. (Are you going to the 2010 Show Poll)

rambo1969

Are you going to the 2010 W&P Show  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the 2010 W&P Show

• Yes, as an Exhibitor (MV & Living History or friend of...)
    • Yes, as Paying Public (inc public camping)
    • Yes, As a trader
    • No, I don't like the facilities
    • No, Too far to travel
    • No, No particular reason
    • No, because I won't Pay as an Exhibitor
    • Never been, will try it one day
    • Never Been, No opinion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was anything like the query I had regarding the cost of camping for one night (£100+) they wont be very remorseful. If I do go next year, a very big if, I wont be paying the huge cost for camping.

Edited by Marmite!!
Post moved

Right, time for my thoughts to thier letter.....

The 1st thing is, I wrote to the hop farm owner because it was suggested on here that rex was not to blame for the toilets. The reply is from REX. As I said before, rex is the face of w+p and must accept responsibilty for the show.

As far as I am concerened, rex has done what he does every year, blame the toilet people! Every year the w+p website says "we are aware of the toilet problems and have sorced a new supplier for next year". I spoke to the toilet contractor, and he told me the toilets were not due to open until the monday and he had supplied exactly what was asked for.

w+p has been running for 25 years, they should have the toilets perfect by now! Other shows don't have the same sort of problems with thier toilets. Overlord's toilets were perfect, why can't w+p's be the same?, money! pure and simple.

More and more people every year either hire thier own toilet or take one, and this plays into rex's hands.

I also asked about lunitic quad bikes and drink drivers and yet there is no mention of these issues in his reply.

A complete whitewash, as far as i'm concerned!

Edited by Marmite!!
Post moved

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we now have permission from Rex to allow his letter to Richard to be attached to the forum. Thread reinstated.

The letter has been posted as an attachment in both pdf & doc format, there is a valid reason why we did this which we will not go into here, so please do not copy & paste the letter (parts of) into your posts.

Cheer Lee

Thank you to the mod team in helping sort out this thread.

Yes, thanks. I do like the bit where it states that the toilets were beyond their budget. Given what they charge for camping,and its on Rex's land (I presume), the amount of people that attend etc. I should think he does very nicely thank you. Call me bitter and twisted, call me a cynic, but I cant see anything changing for next year.

If it was a non money making show, the I could understand why there are not enough toilets, but w+p must make fortunes.

The overlord show, The imps show and the bunker bash all had excellent toilet facilities, and they are tiny shows compared to w+p.

The toilets at this year's w+p made a BIG difference to my enjoyment of the show, it's not nice walking into the toilet everyday and finding them blocked!

Good to see Mr. Cadman has replied and allowed the public acces to the letter.

I think Rambo did good in writing what most of us experiences facilities wise during the show. (well done mate).

I am positive in regard to next W&P what the toilets are concerned.

The organisers/owner must now realise Rambo's letter voiced many, many attendees of the show. Also they probably know this forum has so many members attending W&P that ignoring this complaint isn't a good idea.

So yes, I am confident they will get it better organised for next show.

I must say that each time I have spoken to rex, I have found him to be very polite and friendly.

I have got the bit between my teeth and have done some rough calculations, call me sad!:-D

You will see that I have rounded down alot on w+p incommings in order to be as fair as possible.

img015Correction.jpg

I am going to assume I have got my figures wrong and allow another £200000 in out goings.

That still leaves a gross profit £297000!!

I worked out that 165 portaloo's and 10 mens urinals would be enough for w+p, and the price quoted is what I pay for just 1 toilet for the week, i'm sure w+p could get a discount for having so many.

You will also see that I have allowed £3500 for cleaning the toilets twice a day for a week.

A map of where I think the toilets should be;

img017Correction.jpg

Well done for making the effort in trying to change an unacceptable situation.

Personally speaking I don't hold out much hope for next year. I suppose time will tell. It was a very brief letter considering, without much substance. If the toilet contractors were telling you that they were told to open the toilets on Monday, I'm sure that's the case. I can't see there being a case of "crossed wires" here, as they can only bid for the contract on the information given by the W&P team. I'm sure the W&P team were fully aware of this fact, hence the lack of action on their part getting them opened up.

Apart from the fact that we had to put up with sub standard facilities ALL week (apart from the day they opened) it doesn't make much of an impression on the public seeing toilets overflowing with cr*p, not to mention serious risk of disease.

I'm glad you brought up the "quad bike" meanace too. It's not a problem if it's after the public go home, and the riders are qualified and the right age and are riding sensibly, but this never happens. I was watching kids no older than ten, riding on quad bikes in the middle of the day when it was heaving with members of the public. How the hell do they get away with it? The parents are just as much to blame if not more so. It only takes one kid to hit a member of the public and the show will be shut down. There should be more Police patroling the site while the public are in, and they should be using the full force of the law on these irresponsible individuals. It's even worse when the site is wet, with gangs of youths on bikes wheel spinning, skidding and sliding all over the place. There just seems a lack of drive to hammer home the message. Sooner or later somethings going to happen that will result in the show being cancelled or serious restrictions put in place.

It's all been said a thousand times before and I'm sure it will be again.

Agreed loggydriver,

I would like to see, on site 24hr security in uniform, which are contactable by mobile phone patroling the site 24/7.

A condition of entry should be that every body does what the security team say and will be ejected if they don't.

Imagine the nightmare of your mv being smashed into by a drink driver and trying to get the police to the site, a few simple touches can make all the difference!

I'm sure alot people will be going this year with kent's health and safety phone number ready in case the toilets are not up to standard!

Agreed loggydriver,

A condition of entry should be that every body does what the security team say and will be ejected if they don't.

It's funny you mention this, since on the forum we have the exact same condition! The only difference is that we call our security team "Moderators".