W+P my letter to them. (Are you going to the 2010 Show Poll)

rambo1969

Are you going to the 2010 W&P Show  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the 2010 W&P Show

• Yes, as an Exhibitor (MV & Living History or friend of...)
    • Yes, as Paying Public (inc public camping)
    • Yes, As a trader
    • No, I don't like the facilities
    • No, Too far to travel
    • No, No particular reason
    • No, because I won't Pay as an Exhibitor
    • Never been, will try it one day
    • Never Been, No opinion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GDSF have had huge problems with travellers in the past - one of the reasons why they introduced a ban on campers/caravanners with commercial vehicles using the public camping facilities . This rules me and a lot of other working people out as my 'car' is the pick up I use for work & most other things . Never had the inclination to exhibit there as I don't like the rally - and I have been to the show a few times - but I won't go into that here .

I think that they have just as many driving related problems as W&P and having made the mistake of opening the door of a portaloo first thing in the morning , toilets too . Think there are many similarities between the two events but seemingly better treatment of the exhibitors at GDSF .

Should have yes i am going, no i dont like the facilities, then i will vote:-D

Christian

It's about if the facilities are stopping you going to the show... that's why it just asks if you are going to W&P, not yes But....

Finally, i'm in charge of something!:-D

I voted yes, but i'm booking my own toilet!

Any chance of having the spare key to the lock { i have been house trained :)}

Will bring own bog roll

Ashley

Yes, I will be going, but I get free entry as I am an IMPS member. If the agreement between the IMPS and W&P ends, I will have to have a rethink.

Toilets - I bought a small camping toilet a couple of years ago and this takes care of 'liquids', so just a walk to the Hop Farm for 'solids'.

Yes, I will be going, but I get free entry as I am an IMPS member. If the agreement between the IMPS and W&P ends, I will have to have a rethink.

Toilets - I bought a small camping toilet a couple of years ago and this takes care of 'liquids', so just a walk to the Hop Farm for 'solids'.

Same reason I take a caravan.. Although if money ever permits the purchase (i.e. I get another job - don't all laugh!!) of an MV that can be rigged out for camping in the back c/w porta-loo I'd prefer to do that!!

I'm going, and no the facilities wont stop me going "at the moment" as I meet too many old friends that I only ever see at the event. I bring my own shower and if the toilets are as bad as last year I will be putting the shovel on my Bedford to good use. However it doesn't mean I think the facilities are great because I'm putting my hand in my pocket because they aren't.

Ref GDSF. I've never been and was thinking of going to it next year, but if the place is crawling with Pikeys I think I will give it a miss, I do want a truck to go home in and don't want to wake up with it on blocks with all the bits nicked off it!!!

Ref GDSF. I've never been and was thinking of going to it next year, but if the place is crawling with Pikeys I think I will give it a miss, I do want a truck to go home in and don't want to wake up with it on blocks with all the bits nicked off it!!!

LD - I think they have the problems of the past when it did get really bad under control now . It is worth going for the experience if only once so you can say you have been .

I heard a story a few year ago that someone took a Morris Quad to the GDSF and when they came to drive it one morning, found that they had no petrol as a pikey had cyphened out the tank during the night.

I wouldn't get put off going to GDSF by what you have read on here LD. It's an experience that everyone should at least have once in their life.

Yes there are some Gypsies but the site has plenty of one-site security that do do a good job. We have taken our vehicle for the past ten years and have never had any trouble when we have been.

I wouldn't get put off going to GDSF by what you have read on here LD. It's an experience that everyone should at least have once in their life.

That's my point, don't be put off the W&P show until you've tried it for yourself...

I heard a story a few year ago that someone took a Morris Quad to the GDSF and when they came to drive it one morning, found that they had no petrol as a pikey had cyphened out the tank during the night.

I heard they found somebody floating face down at W&P, unfortunate, but thats the sort of thing that happens when a large, broad cross section of society are in one place.

I went to GDSF last year with missus and young toddler. Seemed a perfectly family friendly event during the day and into the late evening (around 10pm when we left) not something I think has been said about W&P. I've never been to W&P so can't say for sure but some of the comments I've read over the years suggest that as well as the lack of basic hygiene facilities the atmosphere is not family friendly especially after hours.

One point is as well as GDSF's own stewards there seemed to be a resonable number of uniformed police on site, not something I've seen mention of at W&P.

I saw one copper at W&P this year, on a bike. Not enough of a Police presence in my book. I was chatting to a mate of mine who is a Policeman in the Met who is an exhibiter. He told me someone had a machine gun stolen across from where he was camping.

Stuff does get nicked at W&P the same as it does at other shows (I had some low life nick the bolt out of my aeriel mount FFS, not like you can't get one) We always make sure there is always someone around at all times. At night I remove all my CES and store in the vehicle. I'm thinking of getting a Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog). These are very protective of master and property. That should keep the Pikeys at bay!!!:cool2:

Had pykies next to us a few years ago at W&P, no MV in evidence, Transit, unruly kids being obnoxious the lot. They only stayed one day, the word was they were asked to leave, job done.

At GDSF I had a confrontation with a large aggressive pykie family after a tiny splash of my beer landed on one of their kids head, after shouting sorry a few times as aggressively as I could the prospect of a bashing diminished somewhat, and I went after my so called mates who had predictably scarpered, phew...:sweat:

A few of these types will get in any large gathering, it is their living after all, and they are good at it, you can't blame the organizers.

Both shows are amazing and well worth a visit at least once, the chances of meeting pikies or trouble are very slight and the chance to enjoy yourself immensely should not be missed.