W+P my letter to them. (Are you going to the 2010 Show Poll)

rambo1969

Are you going to the 2010 W&P Show  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the 2010 W&P Show

• Yes, as an Exhibitor (MV & Living History or friend of...)
    • Yes, as Paying Public (inc public camping)
    • Yes, As a trader
    • No, I don't like the facilities
    • No, Too far to travel
    • No, No particular reason
    • No, because I won't Pay as an Exhibitor
    • Never been, will try it one day
    • Never Been, No opinion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it is just a meeting place to get in contact with friends who i may not see throughout the year and some who live close by.

I take my jeep (or somebody else's) and also a support vehicle (more expense) but enjoy friendship from military vehicle owners and militaria collectors.

Ashley

Can you add

a)Undecided.

and

b)If I dont go I will have to look after the kids on my own for a few days while the missus goes to a beardy folk festival. Do I stump up the cash or have a house that looks like its been hit by special forces after 48 hours.

b)If I dont go I will have to look after the kids on my own for a few days while the missus goes to a beardy folk festival. Do I stump up the cash or have a house that looks like its been hit by special forces after 48 hours.

That is too funny!

- not that I have been to Cropredy Fest too many times......:coffee:

I have never been to W&P, although what i have heard doesnt sell it for me, a few reasons..and if you forgive a comparision with Dorset steam fair, which i havent been to, but sounds in my opinion, well worth going too...

Entrance fee to exhibit your vehicle, how do they get away with this, i believe Dorset dont charge.

The facilities at Dorset sound a heck of alot better, i.e. toilets and the emergency services base themselves at the event, i wouldnt of thought they have the same idiots on quad bikes problem.

And from another exhibitor point of view, if you are displaying a vehicle in an "Arena" for public display, ths show pays the fuel, whether that is diesel for your vintage Drot bulldozer, or coal for your steam engine as it "Adds" to the event from a spectator point of view.

And i believe the entertainment is second to none, so if i am taking the family, they are having just as much fun, as there is the variety.

If i was to travel down from Scotland, Dorset would be my destination of choice.

Finally, i'm in charge of something!:-D

I voted yes, but i'm booking my own toilet!

I have been taking my own camping toilet for years, always hated having to stand on the toilet seat in the porta loos just to try and get higher than than c__p in them :shake:.

and the emergency services base themselves at the event

Fire & Medical cover is based on site & works 24hrs...

That's the trouble reading threads on the forum about the show... a few negative comments can put you off... don't forget 1,000s enjoy it every year, a lot have been going sionce it started... & you'll find 99% that moan about it every year will be back the following year, suppose they have to go or what would they have to moan about :coffee::-D

i wouldnt of thought they have the same idiots on quad bikes problem.

Doesn't DSF have a big Gypsy problem instead.. so I've been told...

Edited by Marmite!!

Fire & Medical cover is based on site & works 24hrs...

That's the trouble reading threads on the forum about the show... a few negative comments can put you off... don't forget 1,000s enjoy it every year, a lot have been going sionce it started... & you'll find 99% that moan about it every year will be back the following year, suppose they have to go or what would they have to moan about :coffee::-D

Doesn't DSF have a big Gypsy problem instead.. so I've been told...

Its not all what i have heard from the forum, also other sources including visitors.

I have heard that the Dorset fair has its "Travellers" but then i have also heard plenty about tea leafs taking kit at War & Peace, so i think that balances out.

Just for the size of the show, GDSF seems to manage better than W&P without charging the exhibitors, which are part of "The spectacle" and no MV's, no show! unless the re-enactors which apparently dont have to pay??? would provide that.

I have never been to W&P, although what i have heard doesnt sell it for me, a few reasons..and if you forgive a comparision with Dorset steam fair, which i havent been to, but sounds in my opinion, well worth going too...

Entrance fee to exhibit your vehicle, how do they get away with this, i believe Dorset dont charge.

The facilities at Dorset sound a heck of alot better, i.e. toilets and the emergency services base themselves at the event, i wouldnt of thought they have the same idiots on quad bikes problem.

And from another exhibitor point of view, if you are displaying a vehicle in an "Arena" for public display, ths show pays the fuel, whether that is diesel for your vintage Drot bulldozer, or coal for your steam engine as it "Adds" to the event from a spectator point of view.

And i believe the entertainment is second to none, so if i am taking the family, they are having just as much fun, as there is the variety.

If i was to travel down from Scotland, Dorset would be my destination of choice.

Adam is pretty spot on. It is a great show - you could say that it is a matured show. My folks lived next to it for many years and did a roaring trade in B+B throughout the week.

But it did/has had its fair share of problems that you get when you get loads of people together in one spot. And we always have our fair share of pikies during the build up and the break down of the event. But it is being handled. The district council bend over backwards for the show which is nice to see.

It is now a very clean and tidy and well respected show - many lessons perhaps could be learnt from it for everyone.

The steamers are paid to go and have a coal allowance which is great otherwise I wouldn't get to see them and yes it goes back to paying tanks to attend shows. Same thing really - you could have a naked lady at a show or a tank........which one do you think everyone would be looking at?

The steamers are paid to go and have a coal allowance which is great otherwise I wouldn't get to see them and yes it goes back to paying tanks to attend shows. Same thing really - you could have a naked lady at a show or a tank........which one do you think everyone would be looking at?

I'm happy to provide the tank for the naked lady to ride in.....