Do we need any...

Jack

I can see the argument for AFS and Police Coloum. Maybe the name should be changed to the Historic Military/ Goverment special use vehicle and any vaguley military subject of intrest of the world Forum? I do think there should be a gallery for the model makers on the forum to show thier superb work. Mind you The jeasousy their skill arouses in me. :argh:

As a contibution to costs. What about 'Donating' our photos of various things to the site, to be then sold commercially?

pick up from anthother thread, maybe Jack should get Vetinari in as an adviser?

Very kind Tony - I have been asked before why don't we have PayPal donate button on the site like many other do.

The reason I won't is because HMVF is free for all, and I intend to keep it that way. I am happy to cover all associated costs and will do forever.

Now if you wanted to help with my bar bill and gambling debts - then we can talk...........:iloveyou: :whistle:

Very kind Tony - I have been asked before why don't we have PayPal donate button on the site like many other do.

The reason I won't is because HMVF is free for all, and I intend to keep it that way. I am happy to cover all associated costs and will do forever.

Now if you wanted to help with my bar bill and gambling debts - then we can talk...........:iloveyou: :whistle:

I'll buy a brewery! :-D You should know better than most not to risk money on horses! Your life yes, but not money!

Apart from your bar debts, just out of interest how much does it cost to run a forum like this? Who pays for it, are the costs shared out? How did IT ie become? ie HMVF. How did the mods all become mods? Did you know each other before hand? Only asking out of curiosity.

I think the financial side of the forum is Jack's business & no one elses, even the staff (except Joris) have no idea of the costs involved. Jack covers all the costs himself, he owns the forum.

The Mods are all ordinary members, most of us met Jack after becoming members of the forum.. all our profiles are on the front page..

How did HMVF come about

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=1

Bart Award

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=8731

Won't be answering anymore questions on this as this thread if for new Board suggestion, any other question then please PM Jack.

Apart from your bar debts, just out of interest how much does it cost to run a forum like this? Who pays for it, are the costs shared out?

With respect, not really anyone's business apart from mine and Mrs Becketts and a strange and irrelevant question to ask in a thread about 'do we need anymore boards'.

There is a danger of having just too many boards. Being too sub-divided is complicated with so much overlap in vehicle role & type.

As most of the British elements of the forum are under War Office (& later derivatives) auspices, perhaps we could simply have a Home Office section.

This would then embrace NFS, AFS, CD, Police etc

There is a danger of having just too many boards. Being too sub-divided is complicated with so much overlap in vehicle role & type.

As most of the British elements of the forum are under War Office (& later derivatives) auspices, perhaps we could simply have a Home Office section.

This would then embrace NFS, AFS, CD, Police etc

Good idea Clive :tup::

Agree with Clive on this.

I wouldn't want to see too many boards or it will get confusing and I am easily confused!!!

Rick W - not really sure of the relevance of your question in relation to costs?

All I would say is I'm happy someone (Jack and Mrs Beckett) pays the costs as I couldn't afford it.

Many thanks bald one.

Back to topic - perhaps with should have a board -

"Inappropriate questions and their hidden agenda."

Only a thought!!!

Markheliops

I thought we had one already but at a quick glance I can't find it, but a "useful companies, services, recommendations, " where to find things thread where member can pass on their good fortune in finding a company worth dealing with.

(I am sure we have that somewhere)

I thought we had one already but at a quick glance I can't find it, but a "useful companies, services, recommendations, " where to find things thread where member can pass on their good fortune in finding a company worth dealing with.

(I am sure we have that somewhere)

We did have one... I can't find it either... I'll check in the office to find out where it's gone... maybe Jack's been fiddling again:coffee:

A French / European section or a Sub to the German section? Purely selfish on my part as I'm looking to buy a Sumb

Andy

I agree sort of a board for non british non american vehicles possibly called other vehicles:shocked: