You know when you are getting old...

Jack

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you got little plastic Smurfs with National petrol, and someone was there to fill the tank for you!!!

Any body else remember the football team coins you used to get from petrol stations in the 70's, with books to collect them in. My dad used to do a lot of miles working for Woolworths and my brother and i used to fight over them to complete teams.

Also green sheild stamps!

Jerry

When your back goes out more than you do

Chris - I have to agree with you there! My back has only just got better after it went 'ping' at Headcorn on the Friday night - in serious pain all weekend...but I took it like a man, the show most go on :-D:sweat:

I rember the nylon Tiger tails Esso used to dish out tied round the filler cap. My Mum had one, when she then procced to drive her Singer Gazelle over the top of a hill, and got away with it! The blame was squarley put on the Tiger making a bolt for the wild!. After coins came the 'Free' glass offer. Collect tokens for your 'Free' Glass, make a set and be the envy of your friends! Except the fuel for the tockens cost about £10, you could nip down BHS and buy a set for about 15 shillings (That's 75p for the novices amongst us)

Edited by Tony B

Chris - I have to agree with you there! My back has only just got better after it went 'ping' at Headcorn on the Friday night - in serious pain all weekend...but I took it like a man, the show most go on :-D:sweat:

If you were horse you'd get six months box rest! Mind you you'd be living on Bran Mash! :shake:

Being able to remember when other drivers used to indicate,

and no-one drove round all the time with rear fogflamps on,

and cars didn't have hazard lights so people were tempted to park anywhere and think its alright, cos they have Hazards going.

And Rembering what handsignals were....

I use to think I was getting old when my forehead was getting bigger, then I started to worry when my hair started falling out, now I am getting grey hairs on my head and these buggers are now falling out... what's coming next.......

I use to think I was getting old when my forehead was getting bigger, then I started to worry when my hair started falling out, now I am getting grey hairs on my head and these buggers are now falling out... what's coming next.......

A disappointed Rosie????? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: