sherman found in a field xD

centi521

wow quite a find...

To umackern a property, which was used since 1937 only as meadow, it came to a rare find. As the farmer with the umpflügen meadow, a large jerk that suddenly felt its tractor to stands brought. After the first assumptions the plow to a stone or rock hooked themselves, notice it after short time, which nothing else as Sherman a M4 of the 101st US-Infantry regiment from the Second World War its bottom plate to stands brought. To the first salvage attempts, a still nearly intact tank showed up. After the narrations ältern of the generation a farmer boy from Dörfles with a Panzerfaust in March 1945, which he had found in the forest, must, which shot Sherman M40 the chain up. The tank is itself then, probably by a mechanical defect, so for a long time in the circle turned to it entrenched itself. The crew fled, since they feared a further attack....

for those of us that dont speak german

I think the date 01/04/ at the bottom of the piece may also throw some light on it, but good try anyway, bit more time on Photoshop training required!

Yeah which farmer goes plowing in Spring?

It should be done much earlier!

Yeah which farmer goes plowing in Spring?

It should be done much earlier!

Many crops are spring sown, overthe last few weeks we have ploughed a large acreage, some for spring oats, a large acreage for grass and this week we are ploughing for forage crops and game cover crops.

Many crops are spring sown, overthe last few weeks we have ploughed a large acreage, some for spring oats, a large acreage for grass and this week we are ploughing for forage crops and game cover crops.

Show's how much I know then. :embarrassed:

I thought the heavy plowing was done soon after harvest, harrowing and seed drilling in spring.

Show's how much I know then. :embarrassed:

I thought the heavy plowing was done soon after harvest, harrowing and seed drilling in spring.

A lot is done soon after harvest in the Autumn but this would usually be redrilled soon after ploughing.

Yep I agree total nonsence , how can it have mos on the turret if it was burried . And if a track was shot it stops straight away , because all the drive energy will be transmitted to the final drive with the smalest resistance by the diff , so that is the broken track side.