Help! Need a camcorder

Jack

Evening all,

Wanting to buy a camcorder with a budget of £200 but spolit for choice in this price range.

So what do I need to be looking for? What makes a good camcorder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Jack.

Find a bit extra and get a HD one! Makes the world of difference.

We got a Sony digital Christmas before last. Just before it was 12 months old the hard drive became faulty. Took it back to Comet. It was sent away for repair. Came back with the same fault. I complained to the store manager and got the original value of the camera as part ex against a new model. I added £30 extra to get the cheapest Sony HD available.

The difference in image quality is amazing!

Is this for those "special " films Jack ,if it is the anti-shake mode is worth having.Will you be taking it to Ciney for the continental flavour?

Jim

Jim - was going to take it to Mons for TENTS in Town.........:cool2:

Bought mine from here Jack ! Saved hundreds on the shop price !http://www.amazon.co.uk/Photography-Accessories-Bundles-Scopes/b/ref=sa_menu_p2_w_h_?ie=UTF8&node=560834&pf_rd_p=218610391&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468294&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1HZQNPGGGFTRGAXM6GA9 :-D

Jim - was going to take it to Mons for TENTS in Town.........:cool2:

Hey Jim - see what I done there - a clever play on words...instead of Tanks in Town I said TENTS in Town because we......oh forget it, whats the point, it is to much like hard work trying to funny around here.:coffee:

Thanks Bernard - you and Norman have now made me blow my budget:argh:

I am telling on you.

Agree the HD, and an HDD makes things so much easier, get a big enough battery too, as you're well over budget you might as well get one of these monopods, these are the best ones, and cheap!

How do you think I held my Sony DCR SR 32 steady all the time Pat Ware was rabbiting on!

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-velbon-up4000-monopod.htm

Edited by gritineye

Hey Jim - see what I done there - a clever play on words...instead of Tanks in Town I said TENTS in Town because we......oh forget it, whats the point, it is to much like hard work trying to funny around here.:coffee:

Trying......very trying.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't give up the day job :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can just inmagine Jack in a breathy voice, 'And ...heere,, we have ,,in thier natural envoriment.. militariuss vehichiculs nuttus.. notice the deep stains of oil in the knuckles....as.... they drag...':-D

Tony you must have a vivid imagination :rofl::rofl: