"Daisy" or "Rust Bucket" depending on who you ask in our house !

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words my Scammelling chums ! :D Always gratefull for any observations ! :D:D Only problem is paid work is now picking up again ! Sods law ! Still managing to squeeze in time for Daisy when I can get away with it though !:nut::nut::nut:

I don't know-you spend a few weeks away from HMVF and Daisy's practically ready for the road! She's looking fantastic Andy and as many have said a real credit to you. Can't wait to see her at a show sometime. All the best mate and thanks for posting all the pics. Very helpful to see the inner workings of some of the bits. Daz

• 1 month later...
any news to report over here? seems to quiet for ages then huge progress. how you getting on?:-)

All quiet on the Scammell front at the mo Rob ! Been doing a few jobs on Jezebel the Humber Pig to keep her on the straight and narrow ! Daisy is still sleeping ! :red:

How anyone could sleep with the constant sctratching of wire brush, whining of disc grinder and slopping of paint - not to mention that irritating hum of satisfaction - beats me!!

To sleep per chance to dream of a world full of only Scammell "enthusiasts" :nut::nut::nut::D

To sleep per chance to dream of a world full of only Scammell "enthusiasts" :nut::nut::nut::D

Yeah, mad as a box of frogs but I suppose that applies to all of us to some degree. I think TB even has a piece of paper to prove it. (as if we needed any further proof):rotfl:

All quiet on the Scammell front at the mo Rob ! Been doing a few jobs on Jezebel the Humber Pig to keep her on the straight and narrow ! Daisy is still sleeping ! :red:

Wow you learn something every day...I didn't know you had a pig just thought that was a pic of you stood in front of one at a show:D anyway i'm off to put my head back up me bum for anothe 100 years:nut:

• 2 months later...

Hi Andy,

Just read Daisy's life story, and I've got to say that is a "proper" job you are doing. Wouldn't worry about how long it is taking, and anyway what's 5 years between friends. She will be the absolute mutts when she is done. Like everyone else I look forward to seeing it out and about, if you have any money left for petrol :D

Rob

Zero-Five-Two

• 5 months later...
Any sort of progress over here?:) All gone very quiet

Hi Rob , good to see your Explorer is nearing release out onto the highway ! Llandudno must be calling now ! :D Daisy is still ticking along but only as and when work allows as usual ! :embarrassed: Recently beening cleaning up the winch drive gear and replacing the drive shaft oil seal (thanks ChrisG)! Nearly ready for a lick of paint and then I can refit it ! I've got a huge pile of copper brake air pipes that need annealing before refiting and would like some advice on a good method of doing this as some are about 8 feet long ! Look forward to some more video of yours as the weather improves mate ! :-D

Have you been inside that for a look? Was it all full of water like mine? With some kind of cheesey goo floating on top:-X looking good though. I feel we might have to start harrassing you to post more pics of your sneeky underground tinkerings:D

• 5 months later...

Put the winch drive back on the other week and have been putting a few bits and bobs back on ! Now just got to repaint all the bits I scratched :nut: ! I feel like a dog that enjoys chasing its own tail sometimes ! :D Further progress later this month hopefully when all the "other" activity has ended ! :D

DSC00006 (2).jpg

DSC00012 (2).jpg