Austin K2 found in a shed

Richard Farrant

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly if there were enough people the moving of all that stuff wouldn't be that long a project . When there are some boots on the ground , and can do a recon for the mission , is there a workable plan that can be put in motion , can it be a successful recovery . Only time will tell now .

Missed all this. I would certainly bracket the K2 as 'iconic' in terms of British WW2 kit. Looks like a nightmare of a job getting it out. I guess the alternative is to break for bits. What a crying shame. If it had been in the UK, I agree "we" could have got a team in. Now I know the TV thing was a muse of sorts, but there's mileage in having a proper salvage/recovery squad. The minus is expense and having somewhere to put the kit after. There must be one of the thirty-seven thousand ShedTV channels who'd fund it.

MB

Sounds to me like the only way this vehicle is coming out will be to send an "Invasion Force" over there.

I reckon, if some of you dudes turn up there with a Foden recovery truck, a couple of Scammells, an Antar c/w trailer to bring it back, and something like a Spartan full of aggressive looking middle aged dudes all dressed in combat gear.........things could change.

Just imagine that on the news........"British invasion of France". "Today a number of military dressed civilians arrived at Dover in an assortment of Historic Military vehicles, on an invasion mission into the heart of France, where it is thought they are mounting a rescue mission to liberate an English prisoner known only to us as K2. It is thought that K2 has been held prisoner for as much as forty years in atrocious conditions. A spokesman for the group said they were going there in convoy as a band of twenty men to liberate K2 from the place of captivity, and if necessary they will turn the place upside down to get it."

I can just see the TV cameras following this "Mini Army" clattering their way into the back streets of France, wondering if K2 will be brought out alive, or whether as rumours have it; they could turn up to find the body has been dismembered, cut up and removed as threatened. The TV crews will be wondering what horrific scenes and stories they are about to witness.

That would be a real hoot................... go on.........dare ya. :-D:-D:-D

Theres the answer then!! Sell the whole thing to channel 4 as a mini series. :cool2:

On the other hand you cant lift it out and you cant drive it out and you cant drag it out ...... does any one fancy a bit of digging ? a few months work to dig under the property and lower the vehicle down and bring it out cant be all that impossible .

We could dig three tunnel's and call them Tom, Dick and Harry!!! :cool2: :-D

• 2 months later...
Well done Radek :)

Serge sent me some photos of you guys getting her out yesterday. I am glad to see it came out without any dismantling.

Hope you got it home safely, the truck looked a little small :shake:

Only litle bit. :-)) All past well.