Not so good news..

ArtistsRifles

Bit of a rant/whinge mode here folks - apologies but need to offload this...

The wife and daughter finally nagged me into going to see the MO last night about the issues with my feet/ankles if I'm standing/walking all day. Mainly I suspect because after I got home from OVerloon I couldn't move much for the next couple of days. The Doc gave them a good prodding and such then told me in his opinion the impact trauma from the Oct 2007 incident has triggered osteo-arthritis.

This means, effectively, that I'm going to be stuck with more or less constant pain ad infinitum as all they can do is prescribe pain-killers until such time as I reach the max strength - and then I should have replacement ankle joints (as in hip and knee replacements) BUT he didn't think the local health authority would wear the cost of such an operation for some one at the age I'm likely to be then!!

So, adding this to the failure to get to FirePower today, I'm sitting here feeling more than a bit miffed & down!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Apologies for the whingy rant but it helped.......

What rotten luck. Sorry to hear that. I must say however that advances in medicine really are coming on in leaps and bounds. Maybe in a few years they can solve this with a course of medication. You never know, so dont let it get you down as depression over an illness can be as bad as actually having the illness.

Tim (too)

Sorry to hear your bad news Neil, lets hope the prognosis is a bit off track. Have to agree with TB re the fish oil, I have had a fair bit of experience with arthritis in dogs and have found that a tin of sardines a day has improved their lives out of all recognition. I'm not suggesting for one moment that you are canine related but it has to be worth a go.:-D

Sorry to hear your bad news Neil, lets hope the prognosis is a bit off track. Have to agree with TB re the fish oil, I have had a fair bit of experience with arthritis in dogs and have found that a tin of sardines a day has improved their lives out of all recognition. I'm not suggesting for one moment that you are canine related but it has to be worth a go.:-D

So that's it Neil mate, we are going to the dogs! :-D I'm not normally a muck and mystery person, I prefer to know why something works, but I have seen fish oil and the copper bracelets make a tremendous diffrence to animals. Of course you can just eat pig concentrate ration, that has a high oil and copper content, and have you ever seen an arthritic pig? :n00b:

Sorry to hear your news, Neil; as others have already said, I hope doc's proved wrong, both Degsy and Tony B have a valid point, re fish oils,.......they DO seem to work, without adding more chemicals (well non natural ones, anyways :)) into ones system,..........always a good thing IMO)

Don't worry ......we all need to be able to unload occasionaly,....where better than amoungst friends.

See you soon, mate.

All the best,

Andy

I think we can bring out a HMVF version of that old game 'Operation' for all the knackered bits of members. Someone told me I looked good "for my age" the other day, but then agreed it was probably only from the neck up. The rest is a scrapheap challenge. They shoot horses, don't they?

Keep your big end up, Neil.

M

Chin up Neil . Be absolutely certain that every one of us here is on your side to give whatever moral or physical support we can to a mate when it really counts . My own personal experience has already proved this to be fact .

Look after yourself , get the bracelet , send Mrs P off to the fishmongers - you're still going to be coming out to play for a very long time yet .

Davie.

Sorry about your news mate

Not to worry Chris... Just one more thing to fight - makes life interesting!! :)

I was feeling down and pee'd off yesterday but I found a link on ARRSE today with a dictionary of military slang which has had me falling of the seat in tears of laughter. Unfortunately it's a bit too un-PC to risk posting here but it cheered me right up!!!

A special Rambo cake at the Bunker sounds good to me too. :) All the HMVF attendees (yes - this includes you Jack!!) can have a good sampling session of the HMVF master bakers work!!