The "friendly forum"

Great War truck

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Tony,that is a very thought provoking comment which I feel is designed to cause a ripple ! However as we are all friends on here I will resist a further comment as it may cause offence ! :-D

:shocked:..........quick, someones parked their scammell on top of someones 101..........:cool2:

:shocked:..........quick, someones parked their scammell on top of someones 101..........:cool2:

think we best get poirot in to solv the who done it .... it could be enybody ?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

evan tho we are all into MV,s we all preffer to make tea not war ............pass the biscits :-D

I think its friendlier on here, mainly because everybody actually owns a vehicle, or has a very close affinity with them, or has a particular area of expertise within the field, i.e. research etc.

It keeps the walter mitty types at bay, they dont stand a chance and they know it, and you are hardly going to get the "Well mine has a bigger engine its a V8 blah blah" when people are on about the Meteor engine they pulled from a Centurion tank on the weekend, if you start bragging about just how big your truck is, there is a very good chance somebody has a much bigger one.:cool2:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Well my arsefarts got a bigger engine than your Pig:-D add to the list we make each other laugh,and the mods cry sometimes.Its not really like real life tho is it,maybe thats the attraction,I have been on a forum where people are banned for a period of time for flaming etc,named and shamed,

We dont want to get to that stage,but if the toilets too clean no one will want to use it.I agree with Bernard after all the time i have been involved with vehicles it was wearing a bit thin.The forum has helped to liven things up especially Beltring.Thanks to everyone for that.:tup::

Thank you for your thoughts. What a nice bunch of people we all are. What sparked my thoughts here was i got well and truly flamed when i identified a mystery vehicle and someone else disagreed with me. I have seen similar flaming on other parts of that forum and it never makes happy reading and i have certainly never seen such behaviour on this forum and think that you have identified the reason why. I would say that the majority of us are either vehicle owners, or involved in restoration. Therfore we know what goes in to that and have built a mutual respect for each other as we all primarily have the same silly hobby. We support each other but more than anything we take the mick out of each other (but mostly out of Jack) and can laugh out ourselves. Thanks everyone. I will buy you all a drink in the club house later on - or alternatively, i left 8 cans of lager in the back of Jacks GMC, so do help yourself to one later on. They were in the back under one of the seats - have a good rummage around you are bound to find them.

Tim (too)

I left 8 cans of lager in the back of Jacks GMC, so do help yourself to one later on. They were in the back under one of the seats - have a good rummage around you are bound to find them.

Tim (too)

Too late, I think Jack used them to top his battery up.