introduction to hmv

gps

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the scammell is supposed to have a set of band tracks for the rear wheels, i have only ever seen 2 sets . both on pioners , are they still about ,:??? dose any one know for a set :??? .i have a set of chains for the front but i dont think they would be quite enough for a job i have been asked to do. a little while ago i was asked to pull out a JCB fast track with a roll on roll of container plus trailer half full of dirt.they were stuck in the bottom of an old water medow ,very wet and at the bottom of a hill.she performed well :-D ,the hardest job was pulling out the main whinch rope :sweat::sweat:.due to this the jobs are geting harder and i only charge for the diesel as they are mates in the forrestry. the next one is on wet green sand and if i cant get close it would be out of reach :shake:.we were waiting for a dry spell , just enough time to do my truck (i thought ),forcast rain :shake:. this time ill take a camara.:-D

• 2 weeks later...

two weeks to go befor the first show got the engine back in power steering done( hydrolic ),jack shaft done picked it up today having a bit of a problem with the clutch adjustment will have pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...

only just made it back from the rally clutch slip:sweat: not enough travel on the linkadge, adjusted it up but could not stop the drive with the clutch down . managed to change gear ok if we kept rolling luckily all the light were green:)

while i was at the rally a gentleman came to me with some pics of his father and the scammells he drove. he has more if any one is interested and was keen to see if his fathers scammell on the left was still about :-D

scammell rear axle.jpg