introduction to hmv

gps

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was the bit that was the most interesting, did they turn the right way?

Did you check? Others have fitted different gearboxes and had a big surprise when they had 6 reverses and 1 forward gear!

Hmm, that is my understanding Bernard, at least for Constructors.

Is the Explorer rear diff. similar to the front and same or opposite handed? This will depend on the transfer box which is different to a Constructor (which has one rear prop turning clockwise and one turning anticlockwise).

A Constructor has two rear diffs - one A handed one B handed, and a front diff A handed. So if you really needed to, you could put a conventional gearbox in (if you could sort out the transfer box connection headache :sweat:) and swap the A and B diffs in the rear axles, and change the A diff in the front for a B diff :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Rear diff is overhead worm drive so cant be reversed.

The front diff is the same as Constructor, and I understand it, can be put in either way up, being just the center part of the axle and spiral bevel geared, this reverses the way it turns to drive forward, by putting the crown wheel the other side of the pinion. I think the oil catchers and a couple of minor things are altered, like the drain plug!

Gearing can be altered by using different epicyclics (each side of the diff) for different applications.

Edited by gritineye

Whats the problem with the headboard folding Thor ? I will need one EVENTUALLY ! :-D

not to much just the lenth and the size you will need about 2m long and the folds are about 30mmx30mm had one price to get this folded £30 for two folds:argh::argh:

not to much just the lenth and the size you will need about 2m long and the folds are about 30mmx30mm had one price to get this folded £30 for two folds:argh::argh:

hey that means im rich with all those folds i did last week:cool2: dont worry im joking:rofl::rofl:

many years ago i met a man called bill simkins , he had a scammell explorer with an original medows disel . i gave him some parts to help him along as he was a nice old chap in his latter years.He used to have steam engins and his son had old moter bikes. i have lost touch with him has any one seen him or his truck :???

this is my mate ,he is in the process of changing his engine from a highwayman 680 power plus to a rolls 265 he said he needs a little more power so he can keep up with the rest of us :-D. there was nothing wrong with the other engine just fancies a change . a lot of work . :sweat:

I might have to fight you for it if my crankshaft replacement dosen't go well!!!:box: (But i also know of a large pile of 680's too)

i to new of a pile of 680s they were heaped up against a wall ,the gutter was leaking one was full to the brim with water the others were not much better so walked away:sweat:

this is my mate ,he is in the process of changing his engine from a highwayman 680 power plus to a rolls 265 he said he needs a little more power so he can keep up with the rest of us :-D. there was nothing wrong with the other engine just fancies a change . a lot of work . :sweat:

still need to open up the pump to keep up with the TL12:cool2: