introduction to hmv

gps

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi 6x6 yes it is a restoration project,mine,she is the first one i bought .when i bought her with a mate he put up the money i did the work. we got her for £600 and the person we bought her from said that he had to have the rear axle back plus alot of other stuff. Hence she was shelved and my mate lost intrest. i then bought his share and took her home . i tryed to get an axle but could not find one for love nore money so bought a foaden double drive rockwell to graft into her (a major undertaking):confused: . however over the last 12 years i have been collecting the bits needed to do her,:-D still short of some bits but im getting there.

hi 6x6 yes it is a restoration project,mine,she is the first one i bought .when i bought her with a mate he put up the money i did the work. we got her for £600 and the person we bought her from said that he had to have the rear axle back plus alot of other stuff. Hence she was shelved and my mate lost intrest. i then bought his share and took her home . i tryed to get an axle but could not find one for love nore money so bought a foaden double drive rockwell to graft into her (a major undertaking):confused: . however over the last 12 years i have been collecting the bits needed to do her,:-D still short of some bits but im getting there.

A great story. There's such a sense of accomplishment when, having finally overcome all the obstacles, one is eventually able to drive the ****** up the road that it makes all the effort, and problem solving, really worth while. I like the idea of grafting bits on. That's a very 'Scammell' thing to do. What bits are you still in need of ? Anything we should be looking out for on your behalf?

the rockwell was never fitted the chassisis 6" wider and the chassis hight to the top from the ground is 4" lower plus the channel that makes the chassis is 14" high x 6" wide , came of a 8 wheeled tipper, all in all a bad match:argh: but its very strong worm and crown same as scammell . i have herd that the diffs may be interchangeable with scammell ones:confused:

hi 6x6 i did a lot of head scratching but just did not have the heart to cut her up to do it especially in front of the other one :cry: it would of been GBH:( . i think that the bits i am missing will have to be get as i go along as not sure whats missing :??? and there seems to be some diffrences between the models.

i have herd that the diffs may be interchangeable with scammell ones:confused:

This was the bit that was the most interesting, did they turn the right way?

Did you check? Others have fitted different gearboxes and had a big surprise when they had 6 reverses and 1 forward gear!

Why not clean it all up , chrome it and have it as a piece of art in the garden ! Call it the "Angel of Watford" !:-D I have been admiring the spring hangers on Daisy today ! No paint makes you realise what a thing of beauty she is underneath ! :-D

Itake it you did not hit your head then, when i go there i usualy draw blood ,not that forgiving metal . :cry:

first it was the martian with trailer,then the two scammells at the front .they were trying to get her out .and then me at the back trying to get the trailer so they had somwehere to sleep.these photos were taken in the morning .we got stuck at night 12.30 in the dark,would of been wors if land owner had not turned up and said stop .IT VEREY DECEPTIVE IN THE DARK