introduction to hmv

gps

Yes please GPS, could you post them all in the Explorer gallery, so they go in the index when I get round to updating it.

I'm sure there is a Quo Vardis still around somewhere, but it may be a pioneer, anyone know?

Second Explorer has Quo Vardis on the cab, not very clear in this copy, maybe a popular name at the time, this pic is Korea.

image0-28.jpg

Edited by gritineye

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

while i was at the rally a gentleman came to me with some pics of his father and the scammells he drove. he has more if any one is interested and was keen to see if his fathers scammell on the left was still about :-D
I would love to see the photos please mate ! :-D

That Quo Vadis you have posted is an earlier contract "mk 1" I think Bernard ! :-D

Your sooo picky Andy, any way you should have been too busy looking at the writing to notice the air cleaners! :-D Never said it was the same one........

yes ill see what i can do may take some time though ,the:argh::argh::argh: scanner wont talk to the :argh::argh:computer , or it is just ignoring it not sure :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

father in law was clearing out his office and came across his old hand book for the CHURCHILL A.R.V II from when he was in the reme ,it is a shame they dont do hand books like that any more a good read:-D

made it back from rally No 2 still got problems with the clutch im about to loose it with her this will be the 3rd time i have had it all to pieces :argh:

• 4 weeks later...

3rd rally 1oo miles round trip, clutch went again :argh::argh:the adjustable clutch linkage undone.then the brakes over heated down a hill :sweat:talk about brake fade,:shake: they are not that good to start with.then to top it all the starter would not dissengage burnt it out ,all in all a good trip

3rd rally 1oo miles round trip, clutch went again :argh::argh:the adjustable clutch linkage undone.then the brakes over heated down a hill :sweat:talk about brake fade,:shake: they are not that good to start with.then to top it all the starter would not dissengage burnt it out ,all in all a good trip

you have brakes on your scammell:shocked:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

are you ready for dorset steam.mine has been parked for so long the grass round it is nearly as high as she is , would let the cows in but they would tread the ground and they keep breaking the lights and air lines :argh:

they escaped the other day and broke of one of the head lights of:argh::argh: dad denied it.its funy how its always the same one.

• 3 weeks later...
are you ready for dorset steam.mine has been parked for so long the grass round it is nearly as high as she is , would let the cows in but they would tread the ground and they keep breaking the lights and air lines :argh:

they escaped the other day and broke of one of the head lights of:argh::argh: dad denied it.its funy how its always the same one.

cow or light:-D

getting ready for dorset. might be going to honiton hill first then into dorset :yay:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...