introduction to hmv

gps

Hi.I live in wiltshire and have owned my lorry (no nuts) for 10 years, and I have been rallying for 8. This year as usual there is a long list of jobs to be done:-(. I'm relieved to see that there is alot of you in the same boat. Being a new member to this forum I am keen to see how you progress and how you overcome inherant problems due to lack of spare parts.:-D

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and how you overcome inherant problems due to lack of spare parts.:-D

Welcome to the forum. Are there any spares you are in need of at the moment ? Also, I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear the history of your lorry when you have the time. (Plus some pix if that's possible) Cheers.

If its a Scammell you have please to watch out for all the lesser sized vehicles as you enter or leave the Clubhouse parking area as We have numbers of Jeeps and Dodges Champs Bikes and bicycles which will get caught in your axles and damage your tires in revenge .

Hi GPS - this is a big site and it can be hard to find people!!

Why is your truck called No Nuts?

Thor if you scroll down on the forum front page you will see who is on line ! If you click on the name you want it takes you to their page ! This tells you what they are doing and what they are looking at ! Hope this is of help ! Andy F :-D

Hi GPS, Great to welcome another Scammeller!

I suspect the person on the tractor pull was me at the Cuckoo Fayre in 2007. Someone tried with a steam roller first and I thought the Explorer would be a good following act. Bearing in mind the sledge was for tractors up to a ton (tonne?), and could only simulate 12 tonnes it wasn't a huge challenge, just a bit of fun!

They only seemed a bit upset having heard me change up to 4th halfway up the 60m course. The only pic I have is below.

Jules

158 ULX 001.jpg

Hi GPS -Phil . Welcome to the forum and thanks for the loan of the hub spanner, linings returned to Fraser.

glad i can help. :-D have you seen thor we are geting well excited , so many other scammell owners dont know which on to talk to first so many questions.

Hi GPS, HMVF rules, take pix of everything of interest you get up to with (I was going to say No Nuts!) your Explorer and post them.

not used to computers, all a bit new. still trying to do gallary pressed the wrong buton and wiped them of the camera, got some old photos will see if i can scan them in.:banghead:

Hello and welcome aboard, what vehicle do you have , just so we know what parking permit to issue with for the clubhouse car/lorry/truck lot.

i have got a scammell exploer chassi no 7006 reg YSL662 built 1950 one of the first batch ,i call her (no nuts) there is a reason and it is not the one most people think:laugh:

Is this your Scammell mate ? Welcome if so,the more Explorers the merrier ! :-DDSC04455.jpg

yes she is all mine and she looks better in the photo than i seam to remember. i think this is at dorset steam just after i had to rebuild the rear pinion all the bearings smashed up due to the rear split pin shearing nut undone allowing the pinion to slide back and forth. it also broke the oil pump ,still bit of a problem there.

Hi gps - success in uploading the photo-will get some more up soon! Thanks for the technical support mate we nearly went mad !! Your thread is lookin good. Have started my own but may have posted it as a blog by mistake-woops! Speak soon mate