introduction to hmv

gps

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum. Note that using Adams logic I am the co-owner of his drive as most of the oil on it is from my Scammell and Gipsy.:rofl:

I know wot you mean mate my scammell likes to leave a trail, sometimes i feel like hansel and gretal:rofl:when asked "wont me". still it usage is about 2 pints of gear oil every 50 miles. the seal between gearbox and transferbox so one drains into the other over filling it. i must get the size of the seal from thor as he has done his.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello and wellcome you should fit rite in round here

nick

can some one tell jack that where going to need some more seats in the scammell bar at the clubhouse its filling up a bit in here

Good point - we were talking about this in the staff room this morning. I think it got binned as we the room to build a centrally heated garage for GMCs:coffee:

Welcome aboard Phil you are amongst great company here and do you go to the Melbury Abbas rally?

Best wishes,

Jack.

Hi jack yes i do but last year we did not. lovely show but the hedges keep smashing the mirrors and ripping off the gutters on my livingvan. It is very tight going down the lane to the show and if you meet somone "OH NO!"

Hi GPS, welcome to the forum. Are you going to explain your truck's name?

Ok but it is a bit long winded, my lorry had been used on the beach for winching up boats, so all the nuts and bolts had rusted up,so when i dismantled it i split the nuts so saving the bolts.At this time i decided with a littel help from thor to change the engine, to a rolls 220. In the prosses of puting back together I was sent into the shed to find some nuts and bolts to whitch i replied " Iv got bolts but no nuts". then my wife said "phil no nuts", then burst out laughing and so did thor.I thought as a laugh i would paint it on for one show only but every one liked it so it stayed.

Hi jack yes i do but last year we did not. lovely show but the hedges keep smashing the mirrors and ripping off the gutters on my livingvan. It is very tight going down the lane to the show and if you meet somone "OH NO!"

We've met then! That is my uncles place. Will you be going this year?

sorry to hear that ,I got my bolts from all fix but im sorry to say they were rather exspensive and not to military standered. It apears that any thing in AF or BSF or BSW has got to be made as it is no longer in common use.

Ok but it is a bit long winded, my lorry had been used on the beach for winching up boats, so all the nuts and bolts had rusted up,so when i dismantled it i split the nuts so saving the bolts.At this time i decided with a littel help from thor to change the engine, to a rolls 220. In the prosses of puting back together I was sent into the shed to find some nuts and bolts to whitch i replied " Iv got bolts but no nuts". then my wife said "phil no nuts", then burst out laughing and so did thor.I thought as a laugh i would paint it on for one show only but every one liked it so it stayed.

phil no nuts?

We buy all of our Imperial Fixings from Bernard Wade (Bernie the Bolt). Seems to keep most stuff in stock - or will get it. Very helpful guy and we think very reasonable. Phone him for a catalogue 01226 370836

thanks for that it could be very helpful as there are some strange ones to find.:-D

Dear GPS - thanks alot for your roadside assistance today - if Ian will drive the truck hard she will protest and stop!! She is tucked up and feeling much better now - good job we made it through the traffic calming before breaking down (diesal problems) or we would have caused a major traffic jam in no time at all !!:cool2: Oh well - do we look like we care - she has tax on her and has as much right as anything else to breakdown !!:rofl:

Your trooper and bailer twine would have done the business if we had of needed a tow home :cool2:

From the wife and boy (how do you stop a three year old rewiring the cab while your husband is bleeding the engine up - woops he didn't know that !!) :tup::

.i only had blue bailer twine the red is stronger about 14 tone i think is the max and doubles up as a belt:cool2:

why was your lights flashing or did you not know this it seemed to be high and low beam and indecators at the same time? was i driving to slow? i thought 50 mph was about right down hill ,you seemed to gain on me but the speed limit for town is 30 mph, i was relived to peel of at home and let you pass.:sweat::nono:

Wow ! A lot of faith in those stands mate ! :bow::bow::bow: Don't suppose you have a set of rear springs that have not broken the straps going spare ?

I made the stands the same as a set of reme ones made for this job. the hardest thing was getting every thing ready to do the job in one day.

Nearly all of the spring straps were broken on mine too. I made some new ones, instead of a counter sunk bolt on the straps i used a 10mm coach bolt. I disassembled the springs and used a burnishing pad to clean them up and ground off any burrs or divets then heavily greased the leaves and reassembled. It now rides like a new truck:-D All in all a good job, still got the front to do but am saving that for when I take the engine out.

Wow don't pictures make things look easy! Jack up, wheel out, pop the new one in, plop it down and off down the pub for lunch!:beer:

lunch was pushing it a bit had to settle for tea ,but the pint tasted good after a well exacuted job:thumbsup:

I made the stands the same as a set of reme ones made for this job. the hardest thing was getting every thing ready to do the job in one day.

Nearly all of the spring straps were broken on mine too. I made some new ones, instead of a counter sunk bolt on the straps i used a 10mm coach bolt. I disassembled the springs and used a burnishing pad to clean them up and ground off any burrs or divets then heavily greased the leaves and reassembled. It now rides like a new truck:-D All in all a good job, still got the front to do but am saving that for when I take the engine out.

That is on the list of jobs to do on Daisy then ! Is it possible for one person to lift the springs when assembled or do you think I'll need to enlist help ?:-D