Hello

daz76

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member of the forum for a few months but only just started using it. My name's Darren and I live in North Cornwall. I have a Scammell Explorer and a civvy Land Rover Series 2a which are both in lots of pieces. The forum is great, so thanks to everyone who has given me advice, it certainly helps as I'm learning about the Scammell as I go. I have decided to concentrate on getting this roadworthy first (it now lives outside since the move from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire) in the hope that I can soon attend some shows with it. Daz. :)

Edited by daz76

Welcome Daz and thanks for the intro. You would of more than likely bumped into the big boys of HMVF - Gritineye, Mike, Andy and then the wrecker guys - they tend to keep to their part of the clubhouse. Good job really as everything they do is big - the ash tray is a wheel hub of a John Deere tractor, telegraph poles for snooker ques.

Usual rules apply - keep your hands off Snappers biscuits - he is getting grumpier by the day. It is an age thing!

Welcome Darren, we've already met but just a word about parking, as it is now a race between you and Andy to get your Explorers finished and we're reckoning it will be a close run thing, would you please try and slow down properly after you go through the photo finish equipment we have set up, as the hitching rail is a bit flimsy.

I think I just need a pair of gas mask goggles to keep the dust out of my eyes. Given that my current braking system is a block of wood on a rope, get the crowd at the finish line to stand well back cos I won't be able to stop when I get there......:yay:

Edited by daz76

Welcome Daz and thanks for the intro. You would of more than likely bumped into the big boys of HMVF - Gritineye, Mike, Andy and then the wrecker guys - they tend to keep to their part of the clubhouse. Good job really as everything they do is big - the ash tray is a wheel hub of a John Deere tractor, telegraph poles for snooker ques.

Usual rules apply - keep your hands off Snappers biscuits - he is getting grumpier by the day. It is an age thing!

Thanks Jack-sounds good to me!:)