Ciney - Belgium - anyone going?

Jack

See you there Jacko, where are you staying? Dinant is nice or are you going to "Trebushay" then straight to Ciney? Dont forget to get there early, 7.30 start.

Jim.

Not to sure yet - has some options - have to share a room with Kev - could be interesting. You buying the tea?

What time are you at your hotel??

Yep, cracking weekend as usual despite our Citroen hire van breaking down. Good to meet up with Joris at last also Jack and Kev.

There was a rumour that Kev introduced Jack to the "joy of SIX" but I will let him tell you about that as my moto is, what goes on the trip stays on the trip

Jim.

Edited by Jim Clark
missed word

Yep, cracking weekend as usual despite our Citroen hire van breaking down. Good to meet up with Joris at last also Jack and Kev.

There was a rumour that Kev introduced Jack to the "joy of SIX" but I will let him tell you about that as my moto is, what goes on the trip stays on the trip

Jim.

- thank you Jim!

More in the morning but basically Jack and Kev - winners of the Ciney - Dover Gumball Rally 2008..... :coffee:

Now that was what you call a show! It is the place to be if you are a collector and would go as far as to say that it was bigger than the W&P trade area – once you have moved all of the non military from W&P. It is very very focused.

I have never been to such a busy show, it was flat out from 07:00 until the show closed at 16:00. The public came in at the same time as us traders which was interesting!

Kev and I had a great time – except KEV made some cock ups but we won’t talk about that here apart from the one were he got the time zone wrong and set the alarm clock to go off 2 hours before it should – so we were up at 04:00 AM!

Had a great drive from Dorset to Dover in the higher car and straight onto the ferry and then off in France and turned left as Degsy advised. Blasted all the way through France, through Mons and into Ciney. Fantastic roads through there and we did not stop once because of traffic. There was rumour going around Belgium that Jim was on his way over but we didn’t see anything of him……….Not too sure what Jim means by the 'joy of six' I made no cock ups all weekend :readpaper:

We stayed in a cracking place on the edge of the Ardennes forest and with the autumn colours of the leaves all round it was a nice place to be. We went for a walk around in the evening in Ciney – very pretty place.

On Sunday we had breakfast at 06:00 and then straight into the show and set up and we didn’t stop until 4pm. Great to see Joris and had a beer with the good man. I asked him for a low alcohol beer (mainly for Kev as he can’t handle his drink) so he said no worries. After drinking it he told me it was 5%....and is the lowest that they serve! My French seemed to of improved over the afternoon.

Good to of meet Jim and Jason there – looking good (so they should they were in bed by 21:30 the night before and arrived at the show about mid morning….light weights). :coffee:

Jim and Jason were catching the same ferry as us and they had left before we did. Not that there was a race to see who could get on the ferry first and it wasn’t an official leg of the Ciney - Dover Gumball rally. But we stormed out of Ciney towards Dover to get there first. After doing 80mph for 3 hours solid we got a phone call from Jim saying “just to let you know that we are now just loading onto the ferry…” Kev said “ that’s fine, we are eating dinner at the moment…” Jim replied, “ you losers…” Kev replied “on board the ferry you can join us if you want…………..”

Hey Jack You forgot to say you only beat us back to the ferry because our van was only running on 3 cylinders.

regarding the joys of SIX, didnt Kev point out to you that the car you were in had a six speed gearbox after traveling nearly 300 miles only useing 5th.

Jim.

Hey Jim, Don't involve me! most adult males know,when you get to the "joys of sex ,sorry six you let go, or change hands.

kev.

Hey Jack You forgot to say you only beat us back to the ferry because our van was only running on 3 cylinders.

regarding the joys of SIX, didnt Kev point out to you that the car you were in had a six speed gearbox after traveling nearly 300 miles only useing 5th.

Jim.

NOW THAT IS SO WRONG! Take no notice of Jim.........it was 292 miles :coffee:

Anyway - it was Kevs screw up.:readpaper:

Plus I did try and explain to Jim that the *common rail diesels don't like running on 3 cylinders and it doesn't mean that he was going to save himself 1/4 of the fuel...

*prototype was developed in the late 1960s:coffee: