The gremlins are back!!!

ArtistsRifles

Well - went down to RR Services today to collect little Maud ably assisted by Phil and Jason (AMVG). She wasn't quite ready so we had a little look around at the first of the 16 Stuarts that were arriving to be restored and sold (Mike said around the £80,000 to £90,000 mark when finished) - also the three Churchill's in the workshops - the Wheatcroft Collections Mk VII Crocodile, another ordinary Mk VII and a Mk II whilst Kerry finished off working on little Maud.

All went well as we rumbled down the A28 and onto the A20 but after a while it felt like the engine was losing power in 4th and 5th. Seemed a bit odd - but all was revealed when we pulled into the first service station we came across to put some fuel in the tank. As soon as we stopped the world vanished in a grey cloud accompanied by the smell of burning!!

Closer investigation revealed the front and read offside and nearside centre wheels brakes were locked on... I have to admit this was more than made up for by the look on the managers face when he ran out - Stalwart parked by fuel pumps + smell of burning and smoke = panic time!! :) However when we explained what had happened he was happy to let us sit there until the brakes cooled off enough to make the return run to RR Services. This might have been helped by the £100's worth of fuel that went into the tank though!! :)

So - we sat there for about an hour then headed back avoiding using the brakes as far as possible - this worked until the last but one roundabout when a stupid female driver in a 4x4 (I say BMW X5, Jason reckons a Discovery) came around the roundabout positioned to take the A 28 exit and carried on around over the hatching straight in front of us which meant hitting the brakes hard. No prizes for guessing what happened to the brakes. Phil reckons he heard me screaming abuse at her through the mike on Jason's radio (mine was in listening mode...)

Anyways - got back to RR and Kerry said he'd have the calipers apart as he thinks it might be them sticking as opposed to collapsed hoses - either way though there are spares still on the donor hulk. Now I need to talk to Kerry again in the week to see when little Maud will be ready for a second attempt.

This one was so arrogant she never even looked up......

Oh - and I forgot to mention - getting out again back at RR's - the rather worn DMS boot's I was weraring slipped off the lower cab rung leaving me to slam into the hull and thus the bolts/studs securing the glazing ripping, in turn, the top of my trousers, my shirt and then the skin on my stomach! Won't make that mistake again!!! :cry::cry:

And you were surprised?......... surely you know all BMW drivers are exempt from all traffic regulations (or they seem to think they are)

Edited by Degsy

And you were surprised?......... surely you know all BMW drivers are exempt from all traffic regulations (or they seem to think they are)

Not really - I was more angered by the fact the stupid <censored> dared do ANYTHING to potentially cause damage to my nice shiny Stalwart with her peice of Bavarian ****e!! :argh:

I've been told that some of the BMWs even tell you when to change gear :shake:

Not really - I was more angered by the fact the stupid <censored> dared do ANYTHING to potentially cause damage to my nice shiny Stalwart with her peice of Bavarian ****e!! :argh:

Old truckers rule...Show 'em the size of your wheels,,...from very close up:rofl::rofl:

Buy BMW, Free full frontal Lobotomy included. A couple of weeks ago the middle age hard man, bald head t shirt and beer gut, cut me up with a soft top BMW, top down , which is stupid when I have a 6 3/4 ton bus that I don't pay the bills on. Anyway the usual arm gesture and the cry of the Loon W****R! At which point the weather decided to take a hand, two drops of rain, followed by a three minute deluge. I just pulled over on the next stop, set the hand brake, and cracked up. makes you belive in God! :yay:

I've been told that some of the BMWs even tell you when to change gear :shake:

A young man parked his BMW and walked into the barber's shop. He was shown to a seat and told it might be wise if he removed the earpieces to the iPod in case they accidentally got cut.

He told the barber in no uncertain terms that the earpieces stayed in, so the latter started cutting round them. Needless to say, his overcaution led to him cutting the lead.

The BMW driver turned blue and fell to the floor. By the time an ambulance arrived, nothing could be done for him. A policeman picked up the iPod, which was still playing, though silently. He took out his own iPod and plugged the earpiece into that of the BMW driver.

"Breathe in ... breathe out.

Breathe in ... breathe out.

Breathe in ... breathe out.

Breathe in ... breathe out."

I think most sporty (?!) Mondeo - ST24 Zetec whatever owners are wannabe Beemerstards. Where I live in Sarrrfend we have a big issue with BMW and Merc drivers who seem to think the Queen's Highway is solely theirs for the use of. Twonkism personified.

MB (Toyota Verso).....my wife has a......BMW Mini :coffee: I had to drive it today. I usually do this with the window down shouting "I am not a hairdresser" at anyone in earshot.

heh, breath in breath out indeed pmsl :rofl:

Anyhow: Bus Drivers survival guide: Beware of: Any car bearing BMW, Mercedes Benz, Daimler, hell, any "prestige" make, all 4x4 (incl Armed Forces vehicles!), MPVs and SUVs, Scooters, bikes, both pedal and motirised, Emergency Services, and, most importantly, black cabs and minicabs, who seem to take perverse pleasure ion behaving like potential bonnet ornaments without warning! :evil:

heh, breath in breath out indeed pmsl :rofl:

Anyhow: Bus Drivers survival guide: Beware of: Any car bearing BMW, Mercedes Benz, Daimler, hell, any "prestige" make, all 4x4 (incl Armed Forces vehicles!), MPVs and SUVs, Scooters, bikes, both pedal and motirised, Emergency Services, and, most importantly, black cabs and minicabs, who seem to take perverse pleasure ion behaving like potential bonnet ornaments without warning! :evil:

second that, same in Stoke!!!

Mark

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

:argh:Now hang on a minute this is very lop sided,you trying to tell me bus drivers are saints,i travel the streatham high rd where i have counted a dozen or more buses in a line at stops etc double parked blocking the rd driving like t..ts.and dont tell me its the cars holding them up thats why there bunched up.its to many companys chasing to few customers. My wealder went to drive a bus and still does.i get all the griff from him,so any abuse from you bus drivers and i will inform the Forum what you really get up to.some people have to work for a living,poor old bus drivers dont make me laugh.:argh:

:argh:Now hang on a minute this is very lop sided,you trying to tell me bus drivers are saints,..............poor old bus drivers dont make me laugh.:argh:

A few weeks ago I had to use a local bus. The driver was obviously an ex- soldier, the bus was a Dennis with auto transmission, and I can tell you that he drove it like a 432 carrier, booting it hard, so the box was changing harshly......and as for speed limits, well I expect his excuse was, keeping to schedule :nono:. No sympathy for the vehicle nor respect for other road users :shake:.

Quite likley ex squaddie. We have a number of ex Gurkha's funny they don't get much grief with the local kids. :cool2: As for the Gremlin's I can tell you where they are at present, riding with me on the bus. Mainly in the Air systems. Two of 'em went on me today. Incedentally Dennis auto boxes have a known fault, apart from being ****** usless in the first place. They jump up and down at about 1800 revs, which correspondes to about 30 mph. Like driving a B888y kangaroo. Better than MAN though, on those you can't open the doors while the air conditioning is on, also being a truck chassis the brake adjuster is set for a 40 ton load, so all the brake effort goes to the front, result you push brake **** all happens, then you push harder Vior sprun Detish techjunk goes ASH. Ha Zee Driver is attempting a panic stop, Ve will assit ! result the whole back end slams forward on the air suspension, only about £180,00 a pop!.

Edited by Tony B