hello from up north

bigjordz

hi

i'm dave from millom in cumbria and having spent the weekend searching the internet for information about a vehicle of ours i stumbled across your excellent site.

we have a late 30's guy quad ant gun tractor thats been converted into a recovery truck. we knew it was a bit of a rareity but didn't realise just how much until i found this site. if anyone has any info on these machines or knows where we could maybe get engine parts (meadows) it would be greatly appriciated.

flok08.jpg

little and large.jpg

Welcome to the Friendly Forum and thanks for posting the photo's ! . Just because you have a rare beasty you will still be expected to tend to your Club house duties what with all the people tracking all sorts of grease and oil into the place it must be scrubbed daily to keep the H&S people happy lest someone take a slid and fall. Dont to worry with the rate new people are joining you may only need to clean one or two rooms , before your replacement takes over the chore.

Hi Dave your Guy it would appear from the photo is the 4x4 guntractor built to tow the 6pdr anti tank gun it looks from the out side to be in a reasonable condition and is indeed a rare beast. The attached photo will show how it should look when restored the shot is a bit on the small side but i will have a trawl and find a couple more for you, as i typed this i remembered where i stored these so have included them as well i think we all look forward to seeing the finised result

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

Hi Dave, Very Nice;............when folk wonder why so few British trucks have survived, you vehicle shows why,.............after the war they found a ready market in all types of buisness.

Tend to agree with both Bodge and Gritineye re leaving it as is.........

Cheers for posting pic's, and a BIG welcome from a fellow Brit truck owner, to this, the most Friendliest of forums. :-D

All the best,

Andy

Welcome to the Friendly Forum.

I totally agree it would be a shame to lose all that originality. There are a few Quad Ants in military guise. Yours is wonderful as it is and looks amazing. Keeping it running is another matter altogether. You need all the support we can help you with and no doubt Steve's MVT contacts would do likewise. You've got an absolute classic there.

MB

hi

i'm dave from millom in cumbria and having spent the weekend searching the internet for information about a vehicle of ours i stumbled across your excellent site.

we have a late 30's guy quad ant gun tractor thats been converted into a recovery truck. we knew it was a bit of a rareity but didn't realise just how much until i found this site. if anyone has any info on these machines or knows where we could maybe get engine parts (meadows) it would be greatly appriciated.

Hi and welcome,

there was one of these at Bashley saw mills in the new forest which bodywise wasn`t much better than yours. When i last spoke to the owner 5 years ago he had `flat packed ` and shoved in to the corner of the yard (it had a spare engine with it.)

Though he was in his eighties then he was still working the saw and he planked a large cherry butt for us, worth a try !

I am also sure one was advertised in the MVT mag a few issues back.

Ashley

• 2 weeks later...
lovely machine dave please dont paint her she makes mine look better

didnt mention the oily leg did you

chris

no i didn't or the fact that it doesn't like going into 2nd gear and also after its been running for ten mins the inside of the cabs about the same temperature as the surface of the sun!

jordan haulage and recovery

DSC00326.JPG