Would you sell to this person..

Metroman

Received this today about the 'vehicle' - Daf YB626

2287968674_42cb469d3f.jpg

Hi,

I find out your details from the web site where you post the advert of used Vehicle .I get the asking price on £4895.00 , Advise with payment terms. Also I need the Locations of this Vehicle in other to confirm the Shipment charges.

Advise if the Vehicle is still available for sale.

Regards,

Freedman.

Scam comes to mind, I think I'll reply :nono:.

Thats spooky Phil.

Look what was in my e-mail box this evening - ref the command tent.

Hi,

I find out your details from the web site where you post the advert of used tent.I need the asking price ,Advise with payment terms. Also I need the Locations of thistent in other to confirm the Shipment charges.

Advise if the tent is still Available for sale.

Regards,

Freedman.

It's so crude it's almost funny.

Markheliops

Thats spooky Phil.

Hi,

I find out your details from the web site where you post the advert of used tent.I need the asking price ,Advise with payment terms. Also I need the Locations of thistent in other to confirm the Shipment charges.

Regards,

Freedman.

Markheliops

Mark

Your email is from the same guy as mine.

:cool2: LET BATTLE COMMENCE :cool2:

24/08/08 7.22am

Hi Walter

I still have the truck & its located in Kent. It can be taken or driven to docks 'at cost'.

Regards

Phil

:-D

I haven't replied to "Advise with payment terms", see if he (she) asks again.

Edited by Metroman

25/08/08 1st reply.

Hi, Phil,

Advise if the payment can be send to you through Bank Draft from my Credit and Loan Financial Institute.

Regards,

W.Freedman.

:police:

Morning Walter

A draft would be fine, which port would the vehicle need to go to.

Regards

Phil

Thats spooky Phil.

Hi,

Regards,

Freedman.

Markheliops

I've had same email for my tent too !

26/08/08 2nd reply

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply on the DAF .

I have contact a shipping Firm to get me the shipping charges of this DAF from the location you state to me down to the right destination for the DAF.

They charge me £3,500.00 I will need your Name and address in other to forward to my Credit and Loan Financial Institute for the payment of the DAF £4,895.00 to be send to you through a Bank Draft, The payment is LOAN PAYMENT and the total LOAN is £8,900.00

The DAF Vehicle will be deliver to Yinkou Port seaport in china near to my Plastic Company .

Regards,

W.Freedman.

Sent details for posting (not my address). Did a search & the port name is spelt wrong.

Sent details for posting (not my address). Did a search & the port name is spelt wrong.

I had one once, his email address appeared to be Hong Kong judging by the time difference, he wanted the lorry shipped to New Zeeland (his spelling mistake not mine), and his grammar was atrocious as well.

My reply to them is that I only sell to those that come and personally view..........and pay cash. They never reply after that, because it is not what they want to hear. The vehicle (or whatever) is of no interest ot them, it is the dodgy cheque scam that they are up to.

I just like to waste their time and give them the address & phone number of the local Police station. Last one was really thick & emailed asking why I had given him the number for the Police! So I apologised & gave him the number for Police in the next town.

I usually give the scammers telephone and fax of the local Communications Police branch advising them to ask for Mr "Direttore Capo e Minchia" that may mean nothing to you, but in Southern Italian dialect sounds something like "the boss is a dickhead"...

This gets them really angry, unfortunately I can just imagine the follwing events and cannot enjoy them straight...

Andrea

This must apply to a million sales items. The sad thing is, there ARE people who fall for it. How many articles have you seen where people have actually paid money to Dutch lotteries or to Nigerian ministers in the hope they will get the cash? To be forewarned is to be forearmed, they used to say, so sharing examples of this stupid business is a brilliant use of forum time. Thanks to all concerned so far.

MB

27/08/08 3rd reply

Mr P Gladwin,

I have forward your Name and details to my Credit and Loan Financial Institute for the payment of your Vehicle to be issued an forward directly to you,also with the shipping agent details.

But with a reply from the Financial Institute,They state that the payment will only go out on one Namen ann post to a single address since is LOAN.

Advise if you will be able to get the total loan payment and clear it in your bank an send the shipping agency payment to there Manager since you have the higher amount.

Vehicle Amount: £4,895.00

Shipping Charges: £3,500.00

Total Loan: £8,900.00

Advise if you will be able to assist me on this issued,I need to buy this Vehicle.

Regards,

W.Freedman.

Looks like 'Mr Wang' has come up trumps, sorry but I think I have sold the vehicle twice :rofl:

I only want to help him........

27/08/08 4th reply

Phil,

advise with your contact phone number in other for the financial Institute to forward the payment to you.

Regards,

W.Freedman

:cool2:

Hi Walter

Please advise which port the vehicle has to go to, the cost of delivery to the port has to be added to the final price for your financial institution.

Phil

28/08/08 5TH REPLY

Hi Phil,

You dont need to deliver the Truck to any where,The shipping Firm will send an a Staff from there office for the Truck Pick up from your location.

Advise with your Contact Phone Number.

Regards,

W.Freedman.

He only need my number to phone once the cheque has been banked, I know this from a very similar experience 4 years ago. I guy was desparate to get his shippers money - the cheque wasn't a very good photocopy.