1942 gmc

martylee

Last fall my father and I picked up a yellow '42 GMC. I think the plan was to restore together, but what happened is that he's been doing most of the work and I'm fixin parts and things.

This is after the delivery of the truck.

IMG_2423.jpg

The engine has been fixed up a bit and the rest of the truck is getting more and more green each day.

0r03.jpg

0p02.jpg

00b2.jpg

003.jpg

This is today, before the autumn kicks in and the project will come to a halt until spring.

IMG_1885-3.jpg

IMG_1893-1.jpg

Marty

Hi Marty, we're all slowly turning green too (with envy :-D ). Well done so far.

Your photo of the engine shows a red block in the water hose between pump and radiator bottom connection - is this anything to do with water pre-heating or some another Norwegian modification?

Tony

Sorry N.O.S. but if you like you can comment on the choice of spark plug wires ?

Yes i noticed that as well. I didnt know you can get a choice of colours. Maybe they do flavoured and textured ones as well. Oh hang on. Wrong forum.

Great job Marty. It is looking really good. You are going to have a lot of fun with that.

Tim (too)

Sorry N.O.S. but if you like you can comment on the choice of spark plug wires ?

Why thank you kindly, abn. Yes, they are exactly the same flavour as those on my Norwegian jimmy :) And the N.O.S. set I got for the Chev M6 are the same (so quite possibly Norwegian stock?), now they all match!

• 1 year later...

I have to agree with you that it looks really good! And it's my dad that has been doing it all in his spare time during the summer months. I'm stuck with a little kid, who by the way just loves military vehicles, so I haven't been more than morale support. As an old engineer soldier Dodges and GMC's are perfect for my dad. Most of the work is done outside, so due to weather conditions the garage closes down for the season. Only minor things going on during the winter.

There's a lot of work left. Next summer it's time to do some work on the back of the vehicle, which is still yellow! And that's why it's covered up Jack! And also there's the pontoon bridge back there. Hopefully it'll be finished the autumn 2011.

I'm sure the old man will enjoy your comments.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...