1942 gmc

martylee

Fascinated by that bridge Marty. What sort of date is it and what are the pontoons made of?

Hard to tell what date it is. I've pretty sure it is a ww2 bridge used by the norwegian army. What material it is is hard to tell. I velive it to be wood beneath the canvas covers.

Marty

Are you really rebuilding this outside, now that does split the men from the boys!

Great job Marty.

Jeff

I'll have to admit that the next months (infact half a year) the progress is close to nothing...

But thank you anyway!

Marty

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A great looking hard-top - well done - as a fellow/restored outside Jimmy owner....I know exactly what you have had to go through...you take time off work ...and the weather turns fowl....oh the joy of restorations !

I had an early soft-top 353A1,EX-Norwegian like yours - great trucks,def the best buys rather than some of the french ones that were for sale...

The HT Leads are standard norwegian as are the tyres and other mods...i dont know if your has a roller blind fitted to the radiator which is raised and lowered by a chain going back to the dash? - Mine was used as a fixed blade snow plough up until the 80's when it was mothballed before selling off.....

Great restoration - looking forward to seeing the end product ! - Good Luck !

• 4 weeks later...

Great photo's and enjoyed the text even more. I am currently restoring a hard cab ex Norway Jimmy up at Duxford for the group its currently coming to pieces nicely with the bed off and the wood removed, it was restored (well cleaned up and painted) a couple of years ago but it was out groups gate guardian and sitting outside with a only a coat of new paint did it little good.

I keep forgetting to take the camera but next time I will make the effort and get some shots for the forum.

I love the Dodge WC51.......................But the GMC even better.

Thanks again for the photo's.