Jobless Polecat Paul

polecat paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the club! I havn't worked for a while now and the work situation in North and mid Wales dosen't look like it's getting any better :(

We could of course ask that nice bloke at Maes Artro for a job :twisted:

Matt.

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear your news, unfortunately it is something that has probably happened to most of us, the days of a job for life are long gone. Don't

despair, from personal experience I can say that if you really want to work there are jobs out there even for people of my advanced years.

I am not sure if it covers your area but the job centre in Wrexham holds a central register, when I needed a job I would phone nearly every day to make sure I had an early chance at anything going.

I hope you have some luck, "Nil Illegitemi Carborundum"

Regards

Degsy

sorry to hear that paul,

its no fun, happened to me & russ a couple of years ago now. Blessing in disguise in the end as he is much happier in this job same wage less hours & weekends off.

for every door that closes another opens & every cloud has a silver lining .

chin up, think positive & don't let life get you down.

berni

Good luck with the job hunt Paul. Must have been a right bummer coming without warning like that...

At least we've known the Fourth Reich take-over was coming for some time so when they announced all Ford manufacturing operations would be in The Fatherland by Q4, 2010 it wasn't a shock.

Good news for me actually as it will give the chance I've wanted for ages to get a Stalwart!!! :D

Hi mate.

Sorry to hear that news, and yes, I have been there myself. I worked for many years running a research farm for a big agriculture feed company. Infact it was the 27th of Jan 1997.............called into the office by a big cheese that I have never met and was told that I had a week and then was to leave. Lost my house and everything, had to kiddies and one on the way.

Moral of the story is, this was the best thing that has ever happened to me as it made me look at my life and where I wanted to be and since then I have never looked back.

Don't look at it as a loss but look at it as an opportunity, you are starting with a blank piece of paper so let your mind run free and live your dreams, you will be surprised where they will take you.

I wish you well.

Jack.

Hi Paul, Good luck in finding a new job, Ive been out of work for 7 months, its also a "Catch 22", you've all the time in the world to work on your vehicles, but no money.

Anyway good luck finding a good job.

Tyler.

Hi

I know what you are going through as I have been given notice for the end of March :? so I am looking at the moment, hence why I have not been on here much, but hey! as people say keep your chin up or in my case chins, I was down in the dumps but as Berni says things do change and for the best hopefully, so good luck to both of us. :D

• 2 weeks later...

How you doing Paul any luck on the job front.

Just as a matter of interest what did you do.

I have felt for a while that the country is heading down that slippery slope and people are relying on the value of their houses too much. Seem to hear about lots of company take overs and then the get rid of half they no longer need, or firms can no longer compete. I work for a family haulage firm who started in 1855 and we wouldn't be surprised if the owner came in and told us to weld the gates closed on the way out.

Have been made redundant twice in my career, once in 1986 when I was a 3rd year apprentice and then in 1996 when I was of sick with a broken collar bone, both couldn't have been at worst times.

Good luck anyway,

Dougy

I have similar problems with my back which has caused the loss of a job way back in 1989, but also developed asthma and a severe dust allergy in 2004, forcing me out of another job ( not good when most of my skills and experience is around woodworking! ).

I did think of selling organs on the black market as an occupation but there wasn't any long term prospects in it, and to be honest, I'm not really sure they're gonna last for me.

Now I have a nice simple office job, 'though it isn't permanent, but should keep me going until the end of the summer( or until I become allergic to photocopier fumes/toner! )

Steve

You will be relieved to hear that I don't have a bucket, nor do I intend to get one. Being an Army Air Force Jeep, we are civilized enough to have running water on the base and don't have to look for a muddy stream to drink from!!

Here's Dad, Lynne and myself at our first event of the year, early Feb, and not a bucket in sight!!!

787946.jpg

Steve