Tankfest pics 2008

Ok chaps I was there as a trader but as you can tell from the position of our pitch:argh: - Jess and I had plenty of time to walk around

The new museum looks fantastic and the show itself was very well presented - it was nice and clean and a great family environment. The were plenty of re-enactors there and a nice bunch of folks too. Friday night was fun as Jess and I struggled to put the small wall tent up in a force 10.....! But we got there and it was nice to be next to the Britain at War magazine.

Some pictures in a random order and it is scary how much I seem to look like George Bush :???:shocked: The pictures are of some of my favourite mv's and to be honest the Tiger 1 really isn't my 'best' tank in the world!

The narration/commentary by Dave Fletcher is the best I have heard at any show and he sounds just like our very own Clive Stevens - seriously, it is a fact!!

Picture054-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture015-2.jpg

Picture048-2.jpg

Picture052-1.jpg

Picture057-2.jpg

Picture059-2.jpg

Nice pics Jack, just realised that apart from the Tiger and T34, I've driven all of those actual tanks!

The M4A2 at a Weymouth parade some years ago, The M5A1 when I made the sandshields and the Comet a couple of times at Bovvy.

I originally restored that Sexton in 1988 and it's nice to see it still out and about.

Hey Cripp - I have a tent here for you.........gonna be up on eBay in the minute if you don't retract that picture :coffee:

Adrian - do you always have the flipping fun?? Had a good look around the Sexton and is a real beaut - the radial run's very smoothly....

Private - though the portaloo tanker was taking the pee - and he was!!

Rick - yeah what a great pitch I had - can you now see what I hate bouncy castles.....:argh:

They have a great name for next years event

Panzer Fest thought that was a great play on words....

Hey Cripp - I have a tent here for you.........gonna be up on eBay in the minute if you don't retract that picture :coffee:

Rats, I should have thought that through. :banghead: Sorted out now.

Hang on a mo, where's that insurance cert.

Would you buy a tent from that man? :??? Recently rigged the fly sheet of a 160 lb tent to hooks on the top of the QLR, then two poles to hold it out. Great awning, less problems than a tent, especially at a one day, lots of extra room, there you are a new design idea!:n00b:

Just been looking at Wikipedia for the Latin phrase of POKE OFF - can't seem to find it:argh:

When I am at Beltring - I am going to be taking shed loads of pictures NOT of mv's but of bald heads or those with retracting hair lines then I am going to ask Joris to make a gallery so I can post them all in there - you have been warned.

Joris - it was a very slick show and will attend next year as it all German armour and we should have german tentage by then :shocked:

When I am at Beltring - I am going to be taking shed loads of pictures NOT of mv's but of bald heads or those with retracting hair lines then I am going to ask Joris to make a gallery so I can post them all in there - you have been warned.

Be careful Jack, remember some of us have access to sheep shearing equipment and we know where you live.

ps We don't just shear the heads.

pps Won't be at War and Fleece

o so thats jack on pictures thank god for that , thought leo sayer was into mv,s ......................................p.s no ban please jack .....:shocked:

So it's not just me then! :-D

I'm safe, a full(ish) head of Scandinavian blond hair. :whistle:

Well at least I'm certain to get my picture here.

Robert Davey

Edited by woa2
Didn't get the quote right

Just been looking at Wikipedia for the Latin phrase of POKE OFF - can't seem to find it:argh:

Joris - it was a very slick show and will attend next year as it all German armour and we should have german tentage by then :shocked:

Hah!! Just remember what happened to a certain pink cushion last year sir - then remember that those likely to be so pictured have access to heavy things on tracks!!! :evil: :evil:

• 3 years later...

I know this is threadomancy as i call it but to reply to the PP, I believe in the 1980s there was a British Army’s requirement for a Future Family of Light Armoured Vehicles (FFLAV). This to my understanding included left hand drive.

This is only from what i have read a number of years ago so the source could be wrong, wouldnt mind seeing some more photos of the above Saxon.

Ollie