Autocar U7144t - Images?

Jack

Evening folks.

Does anyone have any images of Autocars U7144T that they have taken at shows?

If you have, I would appreciate it if you could post them here!

Best wishes.

Jack.

I have to ask....why do you want one of those...?

Good question Rik and basically - l like the fact that they are ugly but stunning looking, rare and they had a specific roll they played. :-D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The photo of the Autocar with two tanker trailers is VERY interesting ......

We have at our shop two Autocar tractors with FA-2 refueling trailers and a dolly like the on in the photo.

These vehicles were never modified and had all their canvas and even the tool kits in them.

They are on the "to be restored" list....

DSCN4317.jpg

DSCN4364.jpg

The photo of the Autocar with two tanker trailers is VERY interesting ......

We have at our shop two Autocar tractors with FA-2 refueling trailers and a dolly like the on in the photo.

These vehicles were never modified and had all their canvas and even the tool kits in them.

They are on the "to be restored" list....

You trying to stir up an international "incident" here or what, Jim? :-D

Not that we Brits would stoop so low as downright jealousy.....:banghead: :banghead: :nono:

The truck and trailer look just wonderful - what fortune to drop onto these outfits in such condition!

Oh,

I just realized...I did not show the other tanker trailer....Here's a shot if it as we found it "in the barn" and one of the tractors "sleeping" in a shed...And, although not Autocar related ....two photos of a 600 gallon trailer that came with the trucks.

Note the stencil.....

DSCN4303.jpg

DSCN4290.jpg

DSCN4309.jpg

DSCN4324.jpg

DSCN4305.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just been going through some old picture albums and found this shot of an Autocar that was at the 2005 Great Dorset Steam Fair. It was actually on the road making section of the show, but I have never seen it anywhere again. At least you know there is another one in the country somehwere Jack :D

IMG_0595.jpg

Nice picture, Smithy. That is the very similar Federal 94x34, same as the one Antony on here is restoring from Beke's yard in Paris. An original 10 or 12T trailer too. Was it in post war civvy markings? (cannot make out detail on red signwriting).

Cheers. No all that was on the side of it, if I remember correctly, was a sticker saying something like, "The Great Dorset Road Builders". I should imagine it proved to be a pretty good tea hut, but like I say I have never seen it again!

Nice picture, Smithy. That is the very similar Federal 94x34, same as the one Antony on here is restoring from Beke's yard in Paris. An original 10 or 12T trailer too. Was it in post war civvy markings? (cannot make out detail on red signwriting).

As N.O.S says, I have 94x43 from Bekes yard, but it is missing both doors, the rear mudguards, the right hand floor plate, the engine cover, and both side plates described in the TM as ' cab skirt opening door ', the fuel tank, the tool box, etc. I would be very keen to find another 94x43 to get measurements to make the missing parts, I have been and seen another one in Kent, which has been knocked about a bit, but is it possible to find the one Smithy photographed, anyone please?