Autocar U7144t - Images?

Jack

As N.O.S says, I have 94x43 from Bekes yard, but it is missing both doors, the rear mudguards, the right hand floor plate, the engine cover, and both side plates described in the TM as ' cab skirt opening door ', the fuel tank, the tool box, etc. I would be very keen to find another 94x43 to get measurements to make the missing parts, I have been and seen another one in Kent, which has been knocked about a bit, but is it possible to find the one Smithy photographed, anyone please?

I will see if we have got the programme lying about in the office that has become a storeroom at home, as it could metion something about it in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello again.

I havnt been on here in a while. I am the person who knows of the 2.5 ton autocar's and yes they are the 5 that apperied in the wheel and tracks many years ago. They still are in there original conditions and i hope to get some pictures of them tomorrow. Aswell as the 2.5 ton autocars he also has a 5 ton steel cab autocar.

Here is a picture of the big autocar a few years ago.

img002.jpg

I owned this federal in the late 1980s i restored it and also the K78 that was in a derelict state.coming from Geoff Brown ..it was sold in 1989 and went to the north east area..I also saw this at GDSF and could of wept as its not in the best of condition ..It had a bedford 500 diesel engine in it when in my ownership ..and won best military vehicle at Stoneleigh in warks in 1988..These and the Autocars are superb vehicles .

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The photo of the Autocar with two tanker trailers is VERY interesting ......

We have at our shop two Autocar tractors with FA-2 refueling trailers and a dolly like the on in[ATTACH=CONFIG]31971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31972[/ATTACH] the photo.

These vehicles were never modified and had all their canvas and even the tool kits in them.

They are on the "to be restored" list....

Any news about the restoration/actual state of these trucks and tank trailers?

G_Mendes

And a couple of photos of how they looked when almost new...(note white numbers...indicates they have been repainted)

Please see AR 850-5 Feb, 1945. Registration numbers shall be WHITE as supplied by the manufacturers.

While these look repainted, if these are 45 UT's then they would have had white registration numbers from the factory.

• 2 months later...