Humber PIG Pictures

13BK76

Clive thanks for the pointer to the forum I'll be checking it out (and keeping an open mind :-D )

Jochens book (and yours too according to the acknowledgements) arrived safe and sound this morning. Now I know you and Pat keenan recommended it but Jesus I was impressed!! :wow:

Excellent pics and some very good information, I cant believe I missed this book first time around and I think I'm privilaged I own a copy now! I'm becoming a bigger Pig fan by the day now, Cheers mate, keep up the fine work!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam, there were a number of CES. The one I quoted from was 1969. Interesting that the Pig was basically out of service by then & many sold off. This was July 1969 somebody obviously knew they would be on active service again a month later.

In NI it was amended by a lot of deletions & then Mk 2 one issued 1974, the earliest one I've got is 1962. The latest was the one for the foamer in 1976 - lot of effort for just 3 vehicles!

The latest was the one for the foamer in 1976 - lot of effort for just 3 vehicles!

Clive,

That's interesting. I also have this one, and there were several more copies in the box it came from. It looks like they ordered a lot more copies of the CES than they did Foaming Pigs!

Chris

Chris, well yes I have two copies here! For years it was believed there just two foamers 10 BK 34 & 11 BK 10. That is what you find by checking every BK registration.

But there was a third one 27 BT 90 which was a FV1609, civilian registration 2997 OI (the next one to mine 2996 OI)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone want to make their Humber Pig or Daimler ferret a bit quicker off the mark?.... I have for sale a pair of Weber Twin-Choke Carbs on a manifold to suit a B60 engine, -apparently they were originally destined for an HCB Angus Fire Engine.... but somehow got 'liberated' from the stores, just before the factory shut/closed down....

Have a looks at Roy's Mk2 Pig model. Looks pretty good to me.

http://www.warwheels.net/Model_HumberFlyingPig_Kinsella.html

Cheers Clive, I would of never been able to able to complete this model accurately without your help and all the amazing information I got from you and the guys along with the information on this website! :-D :-D :-D

..However I'm back again to see if anyone can help with my next project ..please see the Landrover Piglet in Northern Ireland thread

Hopefully some of you can help with my next project :nut:

Roy. If you get really hooked on a roof hatch I have a series of pics that Jochen took that just didn't have enough room in the book for. Await with interest to see the finished thing it would be welcome I'm sure on this site:

http://www.warwheels.net/whatsnew.html

If you follow the link from there to my Shorland site you might get some ideas. What about a model of my RUC Shorland? There will also be plans & pics from a Dutch modelling magazine for a Dutch anti-hijack airport Police Shorland, now that would be unusual as well.

Hello sir ive been following this build very nice it is and i inspired me to model a shorland land rover

ive put some pictures on military modeling site thank you for your info

terry

• 1 year later...

Clive it was being moved from a Farm near Easter Compton. I am unaware if that is where the Mk2 was from or whether it was part of a mixed pick up.....obviously the excavator was picked up afterwards.......

I guessed it was for a film or TV or someone with a sense of humor!

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

From my meeting at SMVG swap meet at Bridge Of Earn , Picture from one of the BAOR vets , Location Germany , in a big puddle

Picture taken in 1963 the chap was a REME mechanic and had a winch version for recovery , they parked up overnight and there was a huge rain overnight leading to a flooded parking area

old pig pictures.jpg

Jamie

Edited by poppypiesdad
cant spell

• 3 weeks later...
Good to see this one out and about ! :-D

Yes it is indeed. I've been in regular contact with the current owner & he has really worked hard on it. When it last driven, it was a rather unpleasant & worrying trip back from Kemble 8-10 years ago it was consuming a pint of oil every couple of miles. It had not a lot of power & was producing a lot of fumes & oil mist. I bought a large quantity of oil for the homeward journey. But it certainly worked out cheaper than paying for recovery.

Once home I had to decide whether to turn my attention to sorting that out or the start on the new Pig. Well I gather not only was one piston holed but there were cracks in all the others.