Scammell Explorer Gallery

I agree Mike ,I don't like to see these old girls priced beyond restoration budgets , why the owners don't just tell people they are not for sale confuses me some what ! :confused:

The owner is friendly with the guy who was selling the meadows one at 'Andrews garage' for £6k. Apparently its now sold and went for the asking price :nono: that was in similar condition to this one so I guess that's where the figure came from. He was as keen as mustard to sell it to me!

Such a shame as its just going to ruin :cry:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one sold only last year, after being well publicised on here with photos, for just £3,500 - with next to no work needed other than a little work on the roof. One of the cleanest I've ever seen (I did try my best to work up some interest :sweat:).

But that is doubtless of no interest to the owner of this one - take it, make an offer, or leave it? :)

I paid £1450 for mine, with a good 680 powerplus, about 18 months ago. This one sounds a bit steep to me. I always reckon on about £100 per ton then work up or down depending on condition etc.

Tried to buy this yesterday! £5k if anyone has deeper pockets than me, nice old truck with a leyland 680

14032009296.jpg

As we all know, some people are specifically looking for the challenge of a restoration project and wouldn't be interested in buying the same type of vehicle, in restored condition, even if they could easily afford to buy one. These 'restorer' types may well be prepared to pay over the odds for a lorry that's either very original or, at least, not too badly butchered if they feel it has the right potential. This Explorer, from what can be seen from the photographs, looks as though it would provide many happy hours with the wire brush. If you're 50, with £50,000 in the Bank, and have always wanted to restore an Explorer, 5,000 quid might sound affordable.

hi graham leanne told me about this one it looks a rearly good buy for some one . looks mint and its an RAF one

I agree mate ! They both look very tidy ! Just need the fifteen grand for the two and the Scammell Heritage Museum could be my dream come true !:rofl:

pioneer....Explorer i did'nt think there was a comparison!!:cool2:

There is no comparison the Pioneer with no power assisted steering ,no door tops , and hand operated crane winch is a real mans motor and must not be confused with the Explorer with all its post war modifications, whatever were they thinking trying to make a national servicemans life easier.